Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

On MOTD Alan Hansen described Weimann's great through ball to Kozak as an "easy ball in."

That is completely typical denigration of Aston Villa by Liverpool Hansen. If Coutinho or Gerrard had made that pass it would have been a "fantastic ball" and "great vision."  He also completely ignored Agbonlahor.

Who was sitting next to him tonight? Robbie Fowler - another Liverpool player! MOTD is just another part of the Liverpool FC marketing department. It's wall-to-wall Liverpool: Lawrenson, Hansen, Murphy, Fowler, Carragher, Owen. 

There are more than Liverpool ex-football players. Where are the ex-Villa commentators? Must be lots of ex-Arsenal players. Pat Nevin is great, does work for the BBC and is under-used on MOTD. 

This is a marketing conspiracy to raise the profile of a struggling Liverpool team that isn't good enough any more to compete for championships and cups.

:angry:

He's still young and learning (I hope) - the biggest problem with him is his decision making in the final third, that said he did make the right choice in terms of shot when he tried to place it into the bottom corner and unluckily hit the post. 

On MOTD Alan Hansen described Weimann's great through ball to Kozak as an "easy ball in."

That is completely typical denigration of Aston Villa by Liverpool Hansen. If Coutinho or Gerrard had made that pass it would have been a "fantastic ball" and "great vision."  He also completely ignored Agbonlahor.

Who was sitting next to him tonight? Robbie Fowler - another Liverpool player! MOTD is just another part of the Liverpool FC marketing department. It's wall-to-wall Liverpool: Lawrenson, Hansen, Murphy, Fowler, Carragher, Owen. 

There are more than Liverpool ex-football players. Where are the ex-Villa commentators? Must be lots of ex-Arsenal players. Pat Nevin is great, does work for the BBC and is under-used on MOTD. 

This is a marketing conspiracy to raise the profile of a struggling Liverpool team that isn't good enough any more to compete for championships and cups.

:angry:

Just saw that "easy ball in" comment. Crazy. He also said there were 7 players marking three Villa players, there were 6.

They talk bollocks.

Fowler is a dreadful pundit isn't he. Rather have ex blue nose Claridge.

I actually like Claridge. Infact all the pundits on the football league show seem to be much more knowledgeable than the MOTD lot.

Fowler is a dreadful pundit isn't he. Rather have ex blue nose Claridge.

I actually like Claridge. Infact all the pundits on the football league show seem to be much more knowledgeable than the MOTD lot.

yes me too. Guess hes not a big enougn name for MOTD. So we get stuck with a load of ex Liverpool players. Hansen is full of clichés. How many times in his career has he uses "Absolutely unbelievable", now we have the thick scouser Fowler.

Edited by PaulC

His work rate is obviously consistent but I am worried about his finishing. I'd say he needs a goal to hit form bit he scored in the cup, a good goal too, but I don't know.

I don't know whether its a lack of confidence or what but I said all along this Summer that we don't have a player to challenge for Andi's place. I don't think Tonev is 'that' player either.

He's not a winger.

Yesterday though he played as a second striker (until Helenius came on) which is more his natural position and I still don't think he looked much better really. Lacking any real form at the moment.

He had a good chance in the first minute then he hit the post and he basically made the goal with the through ball to Kozak.  Don't see what is wrong with that as a contribution from a player who "hasn't found form"...

Because you judge a players performance on more then one or two moments in a match.

Â