Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He has been misused since the day he came in the club, full back, defensive midfielder, no wonder he cannot find any form.

We are now in the process of doing the same from NZogbia. Buy a guy who supports the front man from the right hand side and then play him left wing. We are fools to ourselves, why buy a square peg and then try to force it into a round hole. Beggars belief and explains why our team balance is all over the place.

Absolutely spot on.

Spend 6 million quid on one of the best young attacking CM's in England and we let him rot on the bench for 12 months before putting him into the team at LB.

Where the **** is the sense in that?!?!

SERIOUS mismanagement. MoN especially

Agreed. It is baffling and infuriating really. Whatever head of steam he had coming to Villa fizzled out a long time ago. the injuries haven't helped, but he's been mismanaged from MON to GH to AM. Stunning.

Anyone who plays next to Petrov in a 4-4-2 has a lot of defensive work to do, especially against a 3 man midfield. With the lad being young, his confidence has been knocked by this somewhat.

This comment is ridiculous, trying to blame playing alongside Petrov for his poor form is laughable.

We dont even play a 4-4-2 system either!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with Delphs confidence, the simple fact is that he is nowhere near good enough to play in the premier league. we bought him after he had played about 20 times in league 1, it was a gamble and it failed. The quicker he is moved on the better

If you read my post again, i didn't blame playing alongside Petrov for his poor form!!!

I simply pointed out that someone that plays alongside Petrov will need to do more defensive work due to Petrov's lack of pace and his tendency to tire early

How do you know there is nothing wrong with his confidence? He is still young and he was sidelined for a considerable amount of time due to injury.

And for a lot of the games earlier this season, the central midfield pairing was Delph and Petrov with Gabby and N'Zogbia wide with Heskey and Bent up front. Whether you call it 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, a lot of his time played has been in a 2 man central midfield, against sides that play with 3 central midfielders.

Whether he becomes a successful PL or not is a different matter. I just think it's a bit early to be righting him off, based on what we've seen so far.

Oddly enough on Delph people keep harping on about his best position, I was lucky enough to be drinking with two Leeds fans on the weekend and they kindly informed me that at Leeds (these guys are season ticket holders) that Delph actually played on the right hand side of midfield as at that time Leeds did not play with out and out wingers. He was used on the right hand side of 4 and used to cut in from the right to link up with the middle and their right wing back used to overlap.

Thats how he was played on the whole and thats where he played his best football. they said he wasnt as good when used in the middle of the park. as part of a pairing.

I found that quite interesting as right hand side of midfield was not where I thought Delph would be best.

Oddly enough on Delph people keep harping on about his best position, I was lucky enough to be drinking with two Leeds fans on the weekend and they kindly informed me that at Leeds (these guys are season ticket holders) that Delph actually played on the right hand side of midfield as at that time Leeds did not play with out and out wingers. He was used on the right hand side of 4 and used to cut in from the right to link up with the middle and their right wing back used to overlap.

Thats how he was played on the whole and thats where he played his best football. they said he wasnt as good when used in the middle of the park. as part of a pairing.

I found that quite interesting as right hand side of midfield was not where I thought Delph would be best.

That's not true. Delph started in the middle but due to injuries they eventually put him out on the left where he had a pretty poor finish to the season. Leeds have had the same right winger for about 4 years.

Anyway he did well for Leeds tonight, at least in the first half before Leeds fell apart. Looked like he knew where to be and he's good at keeping hold of the ball under pressure and not just hoofing it away. Leave him there until the summer and see how things go.

Always liked the look of this kid, but I must say he looked well of the pace at the start of the season, his passing was poor(which in the past was to my mind one of his better attributes) and he was always getting caught dawdling with the ball.

Hopefully if he can stay at Leeds for the rest of the season he might be able to rekindle a bit of the talent people saw in him and kick on next year.

All this talk about him being AM. I assume most of you have forgotten just how woeful his first touch has been.

Agreed, its bloody awful. Throw in the fact he cant pass 5 yards as well and it doesnt look great

i wear when he broke in to the villa team he said he wanted to be the next viera (but dont all young centre mids say that?)

either way, hes proved to us that hes not good enough, an i suppose now that leeds wont be buying him? (although would probably be quite happy to take him on a free?)

Â