Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Before we signed Delph I had no idea who he was but so many people on this site kept saying what a great player he would be. So I waited and waited but all I ever saw was a player that couldn't pass, couldn't control the ball, wanted too much time on the ball and was pretty reckless in tackles. I am not sorry he is gone I saw more in Herd during his few games than ever I saw in Delph.

More mismanagement by McShiite
Don't agree at all.

It remains to be seen whether this lad will fulfil the potential he once showed. We certainly don't have the scope at present in the Villa side to give him some games to see if he is going to make it or not - we simply don't have enough points to play with.

So a loan spell seems the perfect solution to give him some game time and allow him to show what he can do and build up his confidence/match readiness.

And if he doesn't develop to Premiership level, there is a good chance Leeds would take him back, I guess.

Good management by McLeish I would say.

It just seems a joke we bought him for millions from Leeds and now we are loaning him back to Leeds.

are Delph , Makoun really that bad?

OK to be fair to McLeish yes he did give Delph a run in the side early this season and he was pretty awful.

He did look good and promising before his injury tho.

Probably the best move we could make I think, dropping him down to the Championship and to a club he's familiar and comfortable with should hopefully restore some confidence. Here's hoping he comes back happier, more confident and generally a better player for it. I still think he has potential but he needs a bit of a shake-up to get him moving in the right direction again. A good call.

Anyone else find it funny that we bought him from Leeds for millions, he does next to **** all (2 years and a half) and now we're loaning him back to Leeds?
No, I'm not really chuckling at that tbh. :angry:
Is it a case of a player not suited to the McLeish way or a player who has not performed no matter who the manager was/is?
The latter IMO. How many games did he get under Houllier/McAllister, and how many good games did he turn in?

Looks like you may get your wish Zatman!

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/6njg7pk

""Fabian Delph today urged Villa boss Alex McLeish to let him extend his loan spell at Leeds United until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old midfielder’s current deal at Elland Road runs to February 25 but Delph is keen to remain at the Championship club longer.

Delph said: “That would be an absolute dream for me if I get the nod to stay till the end of the season.

“I would like to be playing football and if I can play here I’ll be delighted, because this is my home club and this is where I’ve always been happiest.”"

Not what you should be saying whilst employed by another team in my opinion!... Disrespectful surely?!

sounds to me like he wants to make the move permenent

have not been overly impressed with him to be honest. maybe super mon will come in for him, he is an admirer

Flol, would make us look a little stupid!

We'd probably get less than half back

to be fair he's young and could have just been trying to say he'd love to play week in week out up at leeds to get his head right and get back into the form he had before he knackered his knee.

surely it's understandable to be chuffed to be back home? i'm in italy now and i love going back to brum every now and again ;) doesn't mean that once his head is sorted and he has his confidence back he can't come back and be a model professional for us.

It's not the best thing for him to say, but he's probably just trying to please the Leeds fans after he left them for us - because he wants to get game time and support from their fans.

I predict he will get some games for them, and score, then come back to us in a month (or a few months).

We'll then have to wait and see how he performs for us.

I personally think his below-par performances have been due to McLeish playing him as a defensive midfielder. Delph's main attribute WAS his ability on the ball and to take players on.

If we do bring in a decent defensive player (I hear lots of shouts for Diame in the transfer thread), then Delph would be a good option to fight Ireland for an attacking place or fight the wingers for a wide role.

I really don't like him being played in a defensive position. We all knew, all along, that his main weakness was his dangerous and sloppy tackling.

Sounds to me like he's saying he wants to spend the rest of the season playing football (at a club he loves) in order to get his career back on track.

I'd be disapointed if he said anything different personally

Â