Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Hopefully Grayson will give him games in his proper position/role as a box to box/playmaking CM'er unlike the clearing in the woods that we currently have managing us who wanted to convert him to a DCM because he couldn't balance his squad properly in the summer.

I really feel for Delph and I can see why he would want to get away from Villa and, more significantly, McLeish.

what trash....... the manager who spunked £6m quid on him played him there as well, and not very often either........ just another stick to beat mcleish with !!

Im not 100% sure but i believe we paid 8Mill for him from leeds in 09? i dont think he is any better than the youngersters we have now, Gary garnder-better prospect,Bannan-better prospect... I really hope when he comes back from leeds a different more confident player.. but Tbh he just doesn't seem to have a position, i mean he is a CM but what type?

As much as i hate mcleish you can't blame him for delph. delph is oneills mistake. spending £6m on a player who had played about 25 games in league 1 was stupid. i have never rated delph, never thought he would be any good and as previously posted i think he has been gash since day 1. mcleish cannot be blamed for delph not being able to pass,tackle or control a ball.

delph has had plenty of chances and IMO. the kid just hasn't got it. another expensive MON flop

Confirmed by Leeds

This should mean a midfielder coming in.

Wouldn't bet on it. Delph's only going for a month. If Leeds only pay a portion of his wages we really aren't saving much.

It can be extended after that. Villa have a recall after 28 days. eg if we cannot get someone in we will recall him.

If we can I am sure he will be there until the end of the season.

After losing Howson, Leeds will want him for the season.

As much as i hate mcleish you can't blame him for delph. delph is oneills mistake. spending £6m on a player who had played about 25 games in league 1 was stupid. i have never rated delph, never thought he would be any good and as previously posted i think he has been gash since day 1. mcleish cannot be blamed for delph not being able to pass,tackle or control a ball.

delph has had plenty of chances and IMO. the kid just hasn't got it. another expensive MON flop

At the time we bought Delph he was wanted by a number a premier league clubs and was widely recognised as the best prospect outside of the top flight

Then we got him and nearly everyone was saying what a coup it was to get him.

I think MON made some mistakes on players (notably Beye and Heskey) but the amount of stick he gets is, IMO, rubbish

Man City were in for Delph at the same time as us but Ken Bates said he didn't like the way they did their business and was impressed by Villa. I was all for signing him but to date it hasn't worked out, but if he has a good period at Leeds he may come back with renewed confidence. We have to hope.

Quite right, Richard.

If you go back to page 1 of this thread - only about 16 months ago - people were generally leaping up and down with excitement at the thought of him coming back from injury. The main dispute was whether he was the natural replacement for Petrov or Milner.

So it's lazy thinking now just to add him to a list of "MON failures".

I was not one of those people and i was never happy when he was first signed. the thing that made me worry the most was when my mate Anthony who has been a Leeds season ticket holder for 20 years laughed when we paid so much for him. He said that delph was dangerous in the tackle and that was all he really had to say about him

Hang on, we've had players with good reputations in the past who have offered us nothing. They were labelled as failures so why can't Delph be till this point, it doesn't matter if we were excited by the signing, the fact is he isn't worth the money we paid. Saying that I think you have to take the injury he had into account which has clearly affected him and maybe without it we'd have a different player now.

Hopefully the loan spell goes well though and we see a better player when he comes back, as he doesn't deserve to be in our 18 right now imo.

More mismanagement by McShiite
Don't agree at all.

It remains to be seen whether this lad will fulfil the potential he once showed. We certainly don't have the scope at present in the Villa side to give him some games to see if he is going to make it or not - we simply don't have enough points to play with.

So a loan spell seems the perfect solution to give him some game time and allow him to show what he can do and build up his confidence/match readiness.

And if he doesn't develop to Premiership level, there is a good chance Leeds would take him back, I guess.

Good management by McLeish I would say.

Apologies if this has already been said. But maybe the loaning out of Delph is more to do with 'our trading carefully policy' than the development of a young player? Leeds were one club who wanted one of our players, currently, at least, temporarily surplus to requirements. They were prepared to pay some of his wages, freeing up some potential slack in our wage bill.

Perhaps now Mr McLeish can belatedly do some limited business before the window ends?

I think we are stockpiling for the summer. Save whatever we can into some kind of fund for summer.

Beye and warnock will be gone. Who else?

Also no one knows our wage bill or percentage of turnover.

We might have plenty of money to buy two or three in the summer

I think we are stockpiling for the summer. Save whatever we can into some kind of fund for summer.

Beye and warnock will be gone. Who else?

Also no one knows our wage bill or percentage of turnover.

We might have plenty of money to buy two or three in the summer

Heskey, Guzan & Cuellar.

Warnock has another year left on his contract.

Apologies if this has already been said. But maybe the loaning out of Delph is more to do with 'our trading carefully policy' than the development of a young player? Leeds were one club who wanted one of our players, currently, at least, temporarily surplus to requirements. They were prepared to pay some of his wages, freeing up some potential slack in our wage bill.

Perhaps now Mr McLeish can belatedly do some limited business before the window ends?

Yeh maybe we can sign Robbie Fowler or Darren Huckerby onloan for five games or so for a million quid or something.

Â