Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

With a solid defensive midfielder doing the dirty work behind them, Delph and Gardener could be our future midfield for years to come.

He has been misused since the day he came in the club, full back, defensive midfielder, no wonder he cannot find any form.

We are now in the process of doing the same from NZogbia. Buy a guy who supports the front man from the right hand side and then play him left wing. We are fools to ourselves, why buy a square peg and then try to force it into a round hole. Beggars belief and explains why our team balance is all over the place.

With a solid defensive midfielder doing the dirty work behind them, Delph and Gardener could be our future midfield for years to come.

He has been misused since the day he came in the club, full back, defensive midfielder, no wonder he cannot find any form.

We are now in the process of doing the same from NZogbia. Buy a guy who supports the front man from the right hand side and then play him left wing. We are fools to ourselves, why buy a square peg and then try to force it into a round hole. Beggars belief and explains why our team balance is all over the place.

Tbh he has tried n'zogbia on the RW aswell and he has still been poor

Absolutely spot on.

Spend 6 million quid on one of the best young attacking CM's in England and we let him rot on the bench for 12 months before putting him into the team at LB.

Where the **** is the sense in that?!?!

SERIOUS mismanagement. MoN especially

He could probably have done without saying the final line but I wouldn't get all sanctimonious about it. He's a kid who thought he was about to be a fixture in our side and has found himself on the periphery so he's frustrated and doesn't want to regress in his development. I think it's beneficial to everyone if he stays with Leeds until the end of the season; Villa injuries notwithstanding. It's a pity he hasn't progressed the way I thought he would. I still think he will be a Premier League player and I hope he can make the strides to do that with us. He has it all in his locker. He just needs to refine his game slightly. That might happen at Elland Road. But with Gardner emerging at Villa now, he might find himself down the pecking order by the time he comes back.

very much so, he has the makings of a very good player, he had a massive blow when his knee got crocked and hopefully now he can come back to some form at leeds. eiter for the end of the season with us or to get back here for a full pre-season to kick on start of next season.

never showed his true class form,he has barely played for us.

He has played a fair amount, enough to judge him on. I was impressed the first 4 or 5 times I watched him but frankly since then he has been very mediocre. Certainly not premiership standard in my opinion.

I'd be very surprised if he makes it here. But I've already been wrong about him. Twice.

never showed his true class form,he has barely played for us.

He has played a fair amount, enough to judge him on. I was impressed the first 4 or 5 times I watched him but frankly since then he has been very mediocre. Certainly not premiership standard in my opinion.

I'd be very surprised if he makes it here. But I've already been wrong about him. Twice.

Thanks for your thoughts. I reckon he will get sold on the cheap for us lot to buy someone else.

I've seen glimpses of Delph that tells me he could make it at this level. All be it, on rare occasions, but his touch and the conviction of his passing at times looked pretty good. Anyone who plays next to Petrov in a 4-4-2 has a lot of defensive work to do, especially against a 3 man midfield. With the lad being young, his confidence has been knocked by this somewhat. Extending his loan could do him the world of good. Bring him back fresh and high on confidence and IF used correctly, he could fulfill the potential that was once talked about.

Anyone who plays next to Petrov in a 4-4-2 has a lot of defensive work to do, especially against a 3 man midfield. With the lad being young, his confidence has been knocked by this somewhat.

This comment is ridiculous, trying to blame playing alongside Petrov for his poor form is laughable.

We dont even play a 4-4-2 system either!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with Delphs confidence, the simple fact is that he is nowhere near good enough to play in the premier league. we bought him after he had played about 20 times in league 1, it was a gamble and it failed. The quicker he is moved on the better

Lacking confidence. He is only 22 and missed one full year with a bad injury, he just needs to find himself again. We shouldn't write him off yet.

This. Having suffered the same injury as him i can confirm it takes a bloody long time to recover from it. To write him off at 22 is premature.

If I was a betting man, I would say he will not make it with us.

before or after his injury i have seen nothing to suggest he will.

I'm not attracted to his gangley gait and he gives me the impression of not being in control....bit of a loose cannon.

I like a midfielder to be in CONTROL, to have time and not be rushed.I like a midfielder (where possible) to have quick feet with a tight gait as there is not much time and space in Midfield and a good first touch is really helpful.

I simply don't see this.

by all accounts a lovely lad and I would dearly like to be wrong.

PS first time I saw Gareth Barry.....knew what we going to get.

Â