Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I dont think he is as bad as some make out on here, but each to their own.

Would rather him try to be progressive than watch Petrov constantly giving it to Clark and Dunne to step out with. Whats the point in being a deep lying midfielder if your two centre backs are the ball carriers.

Midfield is a mess, full stop. These players do not gel for the most part, although occasionally they show signs of promise. Not sure if it is because of the manager or in spite of.

Delph could learn a lot from petrov. petrov is excellent at taking the ball from the centre half and turning, drawing the foul or laying the ball back of. it relies then on others getting involved to retain possession. take petrov out and you will see a lot more long ball.

His first touch always seems to put the ball 4 or 5 yards in front of him which results in him chasing after it like a Sunday league player. The De Jong challenge in the first half is just an example of this, could have easily been a red card on another day. Give Gardner a chance for **** sake!

Oh dear. Seems some are writing off a 20 year old young lad with 17 Premier League starts to his name. Lets not forget he has also in his short career suffered a serious long term injury.

Will he prove to be a good solid Premier League Player? I'm honestly not sure. What I do know is it is far too early to judge and whilst he hasn't set the world alight and certainly has some rough edges I've seen enough to suggest the lad deserves to be given a little longer before writing him off especially given his age, lack of experience and his injury background.

Agree with markavfc40- tho Delph has been pretty poor so far this season can't deny that.

to be blunt the balance of midfield isnt right and despite the numbers we have midfield wise its never that convincing no matter who we use- we have real mish mash of type of players

To see Barry and Milner toy with our midfield at times was frankly bit depressing.

Heskey playing practically in midfield is a joke tho and McLeish deserves criticism for that.

I think that if Delph had come through our youth system people would be very excited about him. It's just because he cost a fair bit of cash people expect the finished article already.

Hopefully Gary Gardner isn't given the same stick being dished out to Delph when he breaks through to the team.

Patience.

I dont think he is as bad as some make out on here, but each to their own.

Would rather him try to be progressive than watch Petrov constantly giving it to Clark and Dunne to step out with. Whats the point in being a deep lying midfielder if your two centre backs are the ball carriers.

Midfield is a mess, full stop. These players do not gel for the most part, although occasionally they show signs of promise. Not sure if it is because of the manager or in spite of.

Delph could learn a lot from petrov. petrov is excellent at taking the ball from the centre half and turning, drawing the foul or laying the ball back of. it relies then on others getting involved to retain possession. take petrov out and you will see a lot more long ball.

He does what?

Did you not watch Dunne and Clark have to carry the ball yesterday because Petrov just kept giving it them back!!

Delph's passing isn't too bad, it's his first touch that's absolutely horrendous almost every time. I used to think it was because of where he was playing on the pitch, but these are basic things he's getting wrong. Even when he was out on the left for a short spell, it was the same thing.

Bar the blackburn game - Delph has been poor. I cannot understand why he has not been put on the bench, or had a few games in the reserves.

His first touch is a joke, his positioning is all over the place and if he carrys on playing then one of those two footed tackles will have him sent off.

Albrighton - no form this season and rightfully dropped.

Nzogbia - cost 9.5m has been average at best at rightfully dropped

Delph - one good game, followed by average and poor displays and he is still a starter in the team.

We looked so much better with Bannan on yesterday

He is going through a rough patch, I don't think he is being used in his most effective position. Time for Bannan to play there instead I think, it's just a shame we don't have a proper DM to play alongside him, bit lightweight with Petrov, Bannan and Ireland in midfield although passing should be good.

Bar the blackburn game - Delph has been poor. I cannot understand why he has not been put on the bench, or had a few games in the reserves.

His first touch is a joke, his positioning is all over the place and if he carrys on playing then one of those two footed tackles will have him sent off.

Albrighton - no form this season and rightfully dropped.

Nzogbia - cost 9.5m has been average at best at rightfully dropped

Delph - one good game, followed by average and poor displays and he is still a starter in the team.

We looked so much better with Bannan on yesterday

I disagree, but what the heck?

It was 3-1 in a blink of an eye and once Heskey went off they overran us big time. It could have been 6.

You try playing Bannan instead of Delph and watch what happens. He is a last third player, not an athletic midfielder.

For me he is more of an attacking midfielder or winger. His best asset is taking players on which he isn't really free to do in his current role. I'd rotate him with Gabby, N'Zogbia and Albrighton on the wing and with Ireland and Bannan as the attacking midfielder.

Oh dear. Seems some are writing off a 20 year old young lad with 17 Premier League starts to his name. Lets not forget he has also in his short career suffered a serious long term injury.

Will he prove to be a good solid Premier League Player? I'm honestly not sure. What I do know is it is far too early to judge and whilst he hasn't set the world alight and certainly has some rough edges I've seen enough to suggest the lad deserves to be given a little longer before writing him off especially given his age, lack of experience and his injury background.

Thing is he'll be 22 in November, admittedly he's missed some development time, but he is closer to being on the verge of his peak years rather than at an early development stage.

I don't think we're all writing him off, but he isn't doing it for us at the moment and normally poor form results in the bench. I do think that there are serious questions as to whether he will ever overcome his short-comings though.

Â