Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He goes from making sublime touches to stupid mistakes. Strikes me as a kid with obvious talent who is still learning the game. Once he cuts out the mad shit and starts getting some consistency into his game he could be very, very good for us. To write him off at this stage of the season is madness.

A bit like Anderson ..

What has Anderson got to do with anything? For someone who's demonstrated a good knowledge of football POB, I think you're letting yourself down here.

he has to take any opportunity that he can to promote the big 4, to him football doesn't exist beyond the big clubs

That's obviously the case. Which is why I support Aston Villa.

all you talk about on this forum is the big european clubs and champions league football

100% correct as usual.

Delph is the weak link in our midfield at the moment. His poor performances are making Petrov look better than what he actually is. When Jenas is finally fit enough to play he should have Delph's place in the side.

His poor performances are making Petrov look better than he is?

Petrov has been playing well and that has nothing to do with how Delph has been playing.

It'll do Delph good to be dropped for at least a few games and then he'll have a point to prove when he gets selected again.

Anderson improved immensely this season. He always seemed to have the potential in previous seasons, but for some reason he had always looked average. This season he's probably one of the first names on the teamsheet, and has been consistent to boot. A pretty fair comparison to Delph imo. Something's holding him back, but the potential is still there, and you see it in bursts throughout a game.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm gutted to be saying it but I just don't think he is/or will be the player I had first thought, just looks a completely different player to he was when he first joined.

This is McLeish's doing.

You take a big DCM'er, stick him alongside Delph and tell the kid not to worry about sitting all the time but to get out there and run the show and you will see the best of him. He is a playmaker and McLeish is killing him but not letting him do what he does best!

I'm gutted to be saying it but I just don't think he is/or will be the player I had first thought, just looks a completely different player to he was when he first joined.

This is McLeish's doing.

You take a big DCM'er, stick him alongside Delph and tell the kid not to worry about sitting all the time but to get out there and run the show and you will see the best of him. He is a playmaker and McLeish is killing him but not letting him do what he does best!

A playmaker? he can't even pass the ball properly. If Petrov had played like Delph this season people would be burning effigies.

This is McLeish's doing.

A playmaker? he can't even pass the ball properly. If Petrov had played like Delph this season people would be burning effigies.

Oh, Petrov was fantastic today wasn't he. :winkold:

This is McLeish's doing.

Oh, Petrov was fantastic today wasn't he. :winkold:

Don't get me wrong, Petrov needs replacing ASAP! However this season he has been miles better than Delph who at times doesn't even look like a sunday league player. Your telling me that Delph sitting deep is affecting his ability to control a ball or pass 5 yards?

This is McLeish's doing.

as Ryan says, he's struggling to make even basic passes anymore, we're talking simple 10 yard passes.

This is not what I remember.

Don't get me wrong, Petrov needs replacing ASAP! However this season he has been miles better than Delph who at times doesn't even look like a sunday league player. Your telling me that Delph sitting deep is affecting his ability to control a ball or pass 5 yards?

I'm telling you his game is being affected because he is being asked to play in a role that he is unfamiliar with and that doesn't suit his game. He was a box to box player at Leeds, as far as I am aware, and also able to play out on the left. He played his best game for us against Man U when he was the playmaker in a 3. He has been asked to be the DCM this season and that is not his game. That's like asking Makalele to play off the striker. Square pegs in square holes please, particularly when you are picking your first XI - I could understand it if we had injuries.

also some playmakers sit deep and do their job from there. Look at Pirlo, Alonso or even Adam. Why cant Delph do it from back there is he is that good.

Think if jenas gets fit id loan him to Championship club for a few months. Apart from the United game his best performances came in cup games against lower sides like Brighton or friendlies

This is McLeish's doing.

No it's nothing to do with McLeish. MON had him playing the exact same role. He hasn't been allowed to get forward since he was at Leeds.

I dont think he is as bad as some make out on here, but each to their own.

Would rather him try to be progressive than watch Petrov constantly giving it to Clark and Dunne to step out with. Whats the point in being a deep lying midfielder if your two centre backs are the ball carriers.

Midfield is a mess, full stop. These players do not gel for the most part, although occasionally they show signs of promise. Not sure if it is because of the manager or in spite of.

Send him back to Leeds. he came from league 1 into the premier league and is way out of his depth. he is starting to embarrass himself every week. terrible again today

Â