Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Oh dear oh dear doesn't sound good.

How does delph telling a poster here in person that he's not going anywhere not sound good?

The fact Percy has ran with it too gives it more credence in my eyes, and that's what my comment was referring to. I'm sure Delph saying that in public is something any player would do in his shoes.

• Like 1

Oh dear oh dear doesn't sound good.

How does delph telling a poster here in person that he's not going anywhere not sound good?

With respect he isn't likely to tell someone he just met who is a villa fan he is leaving!

He may stay but you just can't trust footballers unfortunately these days

A mate of mine asked Gareth Barry if he was staying. He said yes he was going nowhere. He went to city not long after. I'd be surprised if any player would want the hassle of telling a fan on a night out that they're leaving.

Not saying I think delph is but I wouldn't rely on him telling someone he's staying.

I thought this was BS, but maybe not...explains the smug grin he had on his face for the photo op when he sign the new contract. It seemed insincere at the time, and it's looking like it was. 

Fabian, if you leave, enjoy rotting on their bench and not getting as many England call ups.

Can't believe another player thinks Man City is where his career will flourish.

Maybe wait until anything at all has happened before throwing the toys out of the pram?

• Like 2

I thought this was BS, but maybe not...explains the smug grin he had on his face for the photo op when he sign the new contract. It seemed insincere at the time, and it's looking like it was.

Fabian, if you leave, enjoy rotting on their bench and not getting as many England call ups.

Lol

I'll double that lol.

Lol

For whatever reason we are club that the media love to do down whoever is writing the story. Why I don't know but all the empirical evidence shows that journos, the best examples being James Nursey and Pat Murphy, can't get negative stories into the media quick enough.

Years ago on another forum I posted on (before I saw the light and came to VT) I had big bust up with a poster who reckoned he was a mate of Nursey's about how anti Villa the clown really is. Apparently he is Norwich fan too which hardly will have made matters better. So his anti Villa rhetoric is hardly new.

As for Delph I woul be surprised if he went anywhere as the easiest thing to have done last season was not sign a new contract and yet he did. Added to that he would be mad go go anywhere where he was not guaranteed first team football. Funnily enough in this day and age he might actually feel he owes us something and be club loyal at least in the medium term.

Don't remember you saying this at the time.

If all this stuff about a low release clause for Delph is true then he is an absolute tosser and it's just another shocking example of the poor administration running our football club. #Shambles

Id love to believe there are some players who do feel a sense of gratitude for being here, and repay faith shown in them, at their own expense.

If the story is true, then didn't Delph do that by even agreeing to renew when he could've just left on a bosman and pocketed a huge signing-on fee, bigger wages etc.?

Yes he did, I just like to believe he did just that.

For whatever reason we are club that the media love to do down whoever is writing the story. Why I don't know but all the empirical evidence shows that journos, the best examples being James Nursey and Pat Murphy, can't get negative stories into the media quick enough.

Years ago on another forum I posted on (before I saw the light and came to VT) I had big bust up with a poster who reckoned he was a mate of Nursey's about how anti Villa the clown really is. Apparently he is Norwich fan too which hardly will have made matters better. So his anti Villa rhetoric is hardly new.

As for Delph I woul be surprised if he went anywhere as the easiest thing to have done last season was not sign a new contract and yet he did. Added to that he would be mad go go anywhere where he was not guaranteed first team football. Funnily enough in this day and age he might actually feel he owes us something and be club loyal at least in the medium term.

It's because they used to spit roast Lambert!

I might release the photos and emails if Nursey continues to be a word removed

Now that's what you call an exclusive!

If all this stuff about a low release clause for Delph is true then he is an absolute tosser

An absolute tosser would have walked away for f all at the end of the season which is what 95% of footballers in Delph's position would have done.

It seems some are getting into a hissy fit over something that may well be incorrect and even if it is correct certainly doesn't mean that Delph will leave. I don't think he will.

Pretty sure I said if!

If all this stuff about a low release clause for Delph is true then he is an absolute tosser

An absolute tosser would have walked away for f all at the end of the season which is what 95% of footballers in Delph's position would have done.

It seems some are getting into a hissy fit over something that may well be incorrect and even if it is correct certainly doesn't mean that Delph will leave. I don't think he will.

Pretty sure I said if!

I know. I am just stating that if the release clause is true that certainly doesn't make Delph a tosser.

Worse case scenario , if these reports are true, he walks away for 8-10 mill. That is 8-10 mil we would not have got with most footballers as with 4 months left on their contracts the vast majority of players, given the clubs position, would have let their contract run out and walk away for nothing especially as Delph will be courted by many clubs.

If Delph is a tosser having signed a contract with a 10 mill release clause, if indeed he has, what does that make Vlaar who is walking away for nothing?

• Like 1

If he goes, good luck to him, he could have gone for nothing, and unlike Mellberg, he has actually give us the opportunity to raise some money on his leaving.

Not sure he is CL quality, but he does remind me of Milner, and i wasn't sure he was either, but he proved me wrong.

Personally i would like to keep him and Benteke, but i wouldn't blame them for wanting to go, but IF the takeover happens, then lets wait and see what happens then.

Pretty sure I said if!

I know. I am just stating that if the release clause is true that certainly doesn't make Delph a tosser.

Worse case scenario , if these reports are true, he walks away for 8-10 mill. That is 8-10 mil we would not have got with most footballers as with 4 months left on their contracts the vast majority of players, given the clubs position, would have let their contract run out and walk away for nothing especially as Delph will be courted by many clubs.

If Delph is a tosser having signed a contract with a 10 mill release clause, if indeed he has, what does that make Vlaar who is walking away for nothing?

not at all disputing your logic but any other player of his current standing with 4 years left to run on a contract would go for 3 times as much. I feel if it's true he's sold us short.

If all of this release clause stuff is true then surely the fans have been mugged by the news of Delph signing a new contract and being "Mr Loyal" because he has basically done nothing more than agree a contract that says he'll play for Villa until any club makes an offer for him and then he can leave !!!

Hope I'm wrong here but Mr Delph could become a very unpopular person if he gets this wrong ! 

• Like 1

If all of this release clause stuff is true then surely the fans have been mugged by the news of Delph signing a new contract and being "Mr Loyal" because he has basically done nothing more than agree a contract that says he'll play for Villa until any club makes an offer for him and then he can leave !!!

Hope I'm wrong here but Mr Delph could become a very unpopular person if he gets this wrong ! 

You're assuming he wants to leave though. 

Â