Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He's just as good as Milner, if not better. He'd might not be starting every game but I think he'd get plenty of game time, certainly more than the likes of Rodwell and Sinclair had when they were at City.

Edited by useless

Jason Burt:

Manchester City also remain strongly interested in the Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph, who would appear to be an alternative target to Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere. The England international has a release clause in the new contract he signed with Villa in January but it is understood that claims that it is as low as £10 million are wide of the mark. The figure is believed to be significantly higher.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11703664/.html

Bizarre because this is in the same paper.

Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph could end up joining Manchester City... for just £8m

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11703751/Aston-Villa-midfielder-Fabian-Delph-on-brink-of-joining-Manchester-City...-for-just-8m.html

deflated-balloon.jpg

Edited by Isa

He's just as good as Milner, if not better. He'd might not be starting every game but I think he'd get plenty of game time, certainly more than the likes of Rodwell and Sinclair had when they were at City.

You may personally think he's as good as Milner (I wouldn't go quite that far) but he is not good enough to be featuring very often for a team like City. It'd completely destroy his England career going there.

Why ask to put a clause in if you are Villa. He will be off. I Rate Classie.

So we know there is a clause?

And even if there was, I wouldn't blame him. A release clause doesn't mean he HAS TO go if someone offers enough, does it?

It just gives a player a way out if things turn really bad. Sensible thing to do.

City are literally only trying to buy the best English back up they can to fill their quota in the named squad in case they absolutely have to be called upon. With the greatest respect to Fabian, there is no way they view him as a first 11 player.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

My gut feeling is that he will stay, unless we get some kind of offer just to good to refuse.... Reguardless of this supposed clause. Which of course Delph can refuse.

He does seem very at home at the club, currently he's in the best run of his life/broken into the England team/Sherwood will no doubt build s midfield a round him. With Richards/Sinclair & other English player who have all left the club due to lack of playing time I just don't see it happening, Delph is a smart guy....not saying he could move a club trying to break the top 8. Just can't see him going to city.

Think he'll stay for at least one more season but who knows he may just love it here to much to go. I think the clause was put in as a "worst cases scenario" with us in the sh** again

Oh for **** sake, english press is notoriously unreliable piss-yellow tabloids and will do almost anything to get clicks/sell papers. Just wait patiently and worry if there's anything official.

• Like 1

City are literally only trying to buy the best English back up they can to fill their quota in the named squad in case they absolutely have to be called upon. With the greatest respect to Fabian, there is no way they view him as a first 11 player.

They are paying 8Mil for Roberts from Fulham who they will loan out straight away just to get the quota up.

They have lost Milner and Lampard who did play alot of games last season , so Delph could get games there but we know they are after Pogba and Toure is staying so certainly he would be the first name on the team sheet like he is at Villa.

It's irrelevant how much Man City paid for other English players. If Delph has a clause for £8m/£10m/£20m that is how much clubs will have to pay. It seems as if he would've left for free this summer had he not shown a little class and agreed to sign a new deal.

Still better than getting nothing for him.

Edited by jacketspuds

I thought this was BS, but maybe not...explains the smug grin he had on his face for the photo op when he sign the new contract. It seemed insincere at the time, and it's looking like it was. 

Fabian, if you leave, enjoy rotting on their bench and not getting as many England call ups.

Can't believe another player thinks Man City is where his career will flourish.

I thought this was BS, but maybe not...explains the smug grin he had on his face for the photo op when he sign the new contract. It seemed insincere at the time, and it's looking like it was.

Fabian, if you leave, enjoy rotting on their bench and not getting as many England call ups.

Can't believe another player thinks Man City is where his career will flourish.

Lol

Â