Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I thought Delph was good. You could tell he wasn't quite there but he was always looking for a forward pass. When Heskey was on, there were a number of occassions where he found him with a cute, zippy pass and then got the return. The main problem our midfielders have is finding a forward ball, because of the little/incorrect movement. With Heskey, the movement was there and Delph managed to utilise it. I thought he was promising, bar the one too many diagonal "James Collins" passes.

One game too early for me but he did ok in the main. Wasn't really helped by his team mates. I would have liked one of our cm's to burst past the strikers especially after Defoe was sent off to create the extra man but there you go.

I'm royally **** off with all things football to be honest but I saw enough tonight to have hope for the future. This kid will be a player. Wasn't amazing but it's certainly in him.

He needs to bulk up a bit but that will come with age - as a CM, you can't let yourself be bullied and that's what Palacios did to him a few times.

Delph's strength is his passing though - he can really pick one.

Not really the game to bring him back IMO. If you've got NRC and Petrov available against Spurs, you play them, don't you?

So you bring him back against Man City or Chelsea then Briny?

Yes, that's the obvious conclusion from my statement, isn't it? :?

Thought he did pretty well last night, in his first game back after a career threatening injury.

A welcome return. Didn't help him having to play next to Boss Hogg though. That guy's clearly out of his depth.

Not really the game to bring him back IMO. If you've got NRC and Petrov available against Spurs, you play them, don't you?

So you bring him back against Man City or Chelsea then Briny?

Yes, that's the obvious conclusion from my statement, isn't it? :?

If you would bring him back against either of them teams then why not Spurs?

He isn't going to be match fit until he starts playing matches, doesn't really matter when he played they're all hard games.

Â