Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

How has he suddenly become one of our "best players"? The guy has played a handful of PL games and had mixed reviews at best. I'm looking forward to having him back, but I can't understand why people are pining so much hope on him for this season.

Simply put...

Because he's fookin' awesome, sandwichman!!!!

:lol:

How has he suddenly become one of our "best players"? The guy has played a handful of PL games and had mixed reviews at best. I'm looking forward to having him back, but I can't understand why people are pining so much hope on him for this season.

Simply put...

Because he's fookin' awesome, sandwichman!!!!

:lol:

Well I hope so! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Delph will be a big asset for us for years to come, but I think it's crazy to be pining so much hope on his return when he didn't do that much before being injured and we don't know how the injury will effect him.

He looked excellent in some of the games he played last season, but often against lesser opposition. He also looked exposed often enough and I don't think he'll change all our fortunes this season.

football is a business i suppose and the manager just wants his best players back and doesnt worry about the players well bein

Because football is a business is exactly why he will worry about his wellbeing. The last thing anyone wants is him to be out for longer.

None of us know how Delph is doing other than what we hear - we'll have to just trust the manager/staff's experience and Delph's own feeling.

Have you seen the guy play? He's amazing and by far our best technical player

football is a business i suppose and the manager just wants his best players back and doesnt worry about the players well bein

Because football is a business is exactly why he will worry about his wellbeing. The last thing anyone wants is him to be out for longer.

None of us know how Delph is doing other than what we hear - we'll have to just trust the manager/staff's experience and Delph's own feeling.

I agree. He's a good player, but it's kinda like when Bouma was out for ages. He was the best left back in the world while he was injured and was being talked of 'turning our season around'. We've got even less to judge Delph on. Sure, what we've seen so far has been quite good - but remember Downing was poor for some time after coming back from a bad injury.. Delph is not going ot hit the ground running, I don't think we'll see him play a major part this season.

I agree. He's a good player, but it's kinda like when Bouma was out for ages. He was the best left back in the world while he was injured and was being talked of 'turning our season around'. We've got even less to judge Delph on. Sure, what we've seen so far has been quite good - but remember Downing was poor for some time after coming back from a bad injury.. Delph is not going ot hit the ground running, I don't think we'll see him play a major part this season.

Part of the reason Downing was poor after his injury is because he was scared he'd do it again.

Something tells me Delph won't be in that mindset.

Whilst Delph will have to be eased back in, and his attitude will be at odds with that as he is something of the terrier, he is without a doubt in my mind one of the brightest prospects in the country and will be a top Premier League player with Villa. It may take a year or two but as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, it will happen.

I cant wait to see him and Gary Gardner play together in our future midfield.

In the meantime, we need a player or two to get us through. There's a question mark over how these two recover form their injuries although touch wood, with our staff and facilities they'll play it right.

To the above, can't remember Bouma being mentioned like this, we missed his defensive abilities when we had Shorey but Delph is guy with lots of potential.

Me either.

I recall it being said about NRC and Cuellar when they weren't playing (and to be honest, they've both come into the team and performed excellently.. so perhaps it was justified!) but not about Bouma.

To the above, can't remember Bouma being mentioned like this, we missed his defensive abilities when we had Shorey but Delph is guy with lots of potential.

But that's exactly the point, he has shed loads of potential, no doubt, but as the moment it's still potential, a young player who at times has shown what he might be able to do and people are expecting him to turn around our season. I don't see it happening. I've no doubt he's an excellent player with bags of talent, but we're expecting too much to quickly right now.

Whilst Delph will have to be eased back in, and his attitude will be at odds with that as he is something of the terrier, he is without a doubt in my mind one of the brightest prospects in the country and will be a top Premier League player with Villa. It may take a year or two but as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, it will happen.

I cant wait to see him and Gary Gardner play together in our future midfield.

In the meantime, we need a player or two to get us through. There's a question mark over how these two recover form their injuries although touch wood, with our staff and facilities they'll play it right.

Agree totally, it makes me laugh that they don't get mentioned as prospects by pundits or in the papers purely because they aren't playing atm. Shows how fickle and lacking in knowledge they are. Even Brooking didn't mention Gardner in the times yesterday when talking about future potential even though he has played and and excelled in every age group bar the U-21's for England. Its purely because he isn't playing atm.

Â