Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Thought he did pretty well last night, in his first game back after a career threatening injury.

A welcome return. Didn't help him having to play next to Boss Hogg though. That guy's clearly out of his depth.

Hogg out of his depth, what?? He's been one of our best players over the past few weeks, he is one of the only players willing to put his body on the line for the sake of a challenge.

Suggests that Gary Mac’s got quite alot of influence at Villa that Delph started.

Loves him and so does Sid very vocal in the dressing room not afriad to tell the other players if they aren't pulling their weight . I expect him and Gabby to end up having a major row some time soon .

Would put him in alongside Petrov and NRC tomorrow as Young won't be fit

Suggests that Gary Mac’s got quite alot of influence at Villa that Delph started.
he shouldnt have any say in this club,he's proved he's bloody useless before its just AstonVilla luck that we got stung with such a joke.great player shite manager/coach.

Thought he did pretty well last night, in his first game back after a career threatening injury.

A welcome return. Didn't help him having to play next to Boss Hogg though. That guy's clearly out of his depth.

I think Hogg is beginning to find his feet at last and could do well.

He breaks up play well and plays the simple pass - every team needs one.

I thought he did well, but starting!? what kind of a joke manager do we have? surely he should have been brought on as a sub first.

?

One of the best on the pitch? Great move by the manager!

One of the best on the pitch is saying very little these days. The team is not performing to a high level at the minute and anyone who puts in a solid performance stands out. I agree with the above comment about Hogg he never looked comfortable always rushed and is out of his depth. Hogg will not be a first team player at this club. I think Delph will be, he showed more than Hogg in his first start after a long break which in its self is encouraging. The simple fact is until someone steps in Milners shoes then they aren't good enough and we need to keep looking.

Loves him and so does Sid very vocal in the dressing room not afriad to tell the other players if they aren't pulling their weight . I expect him and Gabby to end up having a major row some time soon .

Would put him in alongside Petrov and NRC tomorrow as Young won't be fit

much as I would like to love G Macs opinion, I fear that he is one of the problems we have at Villa and so I am skeptical of his judgements.

Delph was undoubtedly one of the worst players on the pitch. Can't blame him obviously, but he was totally absent and gifted them possession on countless occasions

It must be down to personal opinions. I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

If it wasn't for Delph, the ball would have remained in our half for the majority of the game.

He was constantly on the move, trying to link play together. The ball kept coming back to the midfield and Petrov couldn't pull off the forward passes that Delph could.

Delph is a proper player, he looked a cut above anyone else in claret on blue on monday. he wasnt affraid to try clever little passes...... and he is not match fit.

Mind you, the way things are going, expect him out in the summer. Class like that is not going to hang around here whilst le knob is in charge.

I did cynically think he got a game on monday cos le knob thought he is french.

Â