Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Listed where as one?

Does it matter? You can tell by the way he plays what his role is. 

Do I really have to get the heatmaps out?

Edited by Con

Listed where as one?

Does it matter? You can tell by the way he plays what his roles is. 

Do I really have to get the heatmaps out?

Yes it matters as you stated he is listed as one, so where is it?

And no he doesn't play like a DM

Here

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/24

Explain to me why he is not playing like a DM.

Ha ha, fella you need to stop looking at that site so much and actually watch some football.

There would be little point.

0 goals

0 assists

18 games (5 sub)

What else could he be? Didn't realise it would be so controversial to call Delph a defensive midfielder.

Here

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/24

Explain to me why he is not playing like a DM.

Ha ha, fella you need to stop looking at that site so much and actually watch some football.

There would be little point.

0 goals

0 assists

18 games (5 sub)

What else could he be? Didn't realise it would be so controversial to call Delph a defensive midfielder.

In that case Heskey must have been a DM.

• Like 1

What has his stature got to do with being a DM? It seems you have decided he is a DM by the fact he is of similar stature to Ramires and has no goals or assists. Not by actually watching him.

I guess Matthew Etherington must also be a DM then, 0 goals 0 assists.

Edited by Houlston

What has his stature got to do with being a DM? It seems you have decided he is a DM by the fact he is of similar statur to Ramires and has no goals or assists. Not by actually watching him.

He also says that comparing Delph's ability to skip past players with ease can't be compared to Dembele's because they're not the same height and weight. He's either a troll (a very good one, granted) or doesn't know jack shit about football.

What has his stature got to do with being a DM? It seems you have decided he is a DM by the fact he is of similar statur to Ramires and has no goals or assists. Not by actually watching him.

You know that is not my logic.

I decided Ramires was a decent comparison in stature to Delph, although frankly Ramires is 5 cm taller and 13 kg heavier. It was a lot closer comparison than the monster Dembele and the best I could come up with in a few minutes.

Ramires happens to post good defensive statistics, and so does Delph. Ramires is not known to be a great attacking threat in the Premier League, though he can contribute - 5 goals this season.

Delph is not known to be a great attacking threat in the Premier League but people are suggesting he might be able to contribute 5 goals a season, if he improves.

Decent comparison. I'd like a better comparison, that is a player more similar in stature to Delph than Ramires.

You know that is not my logic.

I decided Ramires was a decent comparison in stature to Delph, although frankly Ramires is 5 cm taller and 13 kg heavier. It was a lot closer comparison than the monster Dembele and the best I could come up with in a few minutes.

Ramires happens to post good defensive statistics, and so does Delph. Ramires is not known to be a great attacking threat in the Premier League, though he can contribute - 5 goals this season.

Delph is not known to be a great attacking threat in the Premier League but people are suggesting he might be able to contribute 5 goals a season, if he improves.

Decent comparison. I'd like a better comparison, that is a player more similar in stature to Delph than Ramires.

:crylaugh:

Â