Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Having just seen Delph's stats for this game, it was a brilliant all round individual performance with tackles, interceptions and key passes, with some shots too.

Still improving and may not be in the team next year but who knows, with a long distance strike against Wigan he'll be unsellable.

The 3 midfielders who played today will all be around next season. On this performance they deserve a run in a team together similar to how Benteke, Weimann and Agbonlahor did. They are gelling together and looking like a real force... just as the recent run of good form suggests.

Edited by AstonMartin82

Why would he not be on the team next year.

That ridiculous.

The scary part is that he hasn't even found his confidence in the final third yet

Would you rather buy Bannan or Delph?

I'm not saying Bannan is bad but on today's performance Delph's all round game might be more appealing for some teams.

We'd only sell Delph if we were trading up for an experienced player, like Siem De Jong.

Having just seen Delph's stats for this game, it was a brilliant all round individual performance with tackles, interceptions and key passes, with some shots too.

Still improving and may not be in the team next year but who knows, with a long distance strike against Wigan he'll be unsellable.

So now the infallible stats back him up and yet you're still not convinced eh. 

Why would he not be on the team next year.

That ridiculous.

The scary part is that he hasn't even found his confidence in the final third yet

Would you rather buy Bannan or Delph?

I'm not saying Bannan is bad but on today's performance Delph's all round game might be more appealing for some teams.

We'd only sell Delph if we were trading up for an experienced player, like Siem De Jong.

:huh:

So now the infallible stats back him up and yet you're still not convinced eh. 

I am convinced for us. The stats are very good for a defensive midfielder. He's better in the DM role than Westwood.

If Delph has not yet reached top form, and top form means he adds 3-5 goals a season on top of his defensive work, he is an England player, nevermind a Villa player. He's not yet there but we could be discussing whether to take Cleverley or Delph to the Brazil World Cup.

He was excellent today and has been very good for a few months now.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me. Delph, Westwood and Sylla are forming a very good understanding in midfield and they compliment each other very well.

Edited by markavfc40

He was excellent today and has been very good for a few months now.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me. Delph, Westwood and Sylla are forming a very good understanding in midfield and they compliment each other very well.

Shouldn't forget they lost the game, initially against 10 players. Great opportunity to beat Chelsea missed.

The midfield wasn't to blame for that but they lacked an offensive threat.

If Delph had a bit more form one of his shots would have gone in. Westwood had a good opportunity at goal, which went too close to Cech.

We needed the midfield to produce a goal. We didn't and to the extent we won any midfield battles we lost the war because it was 1-2 at the end.

More forward runs and simple yet effective passing between the midfield trio, combined with less rash challenges and silly tantrums = Delph is a starting 11 player now. Just needs to keep it up.

I think once he gets a goal he will start scoring more regularly.

Out of him, Westwood & Sylla he has the most flair and attacking potential and with those two in there can feel more confident in getting forward without leaving big holes.

That was a fantastic game from Delph, looked so much more confident going forward and beating players. Hopefully when he scores he'll go on a bit of a roll because we are desperately short of goals from outside our strikeforce.

Â