Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I still thought we had a good player in Delph but every time i see him it gets harder and harder to defend him.

He still is our only central midfield player able to drive forward with the ball but he doesn't do it enough and his passing isn't good enough.

Delph just isn't good enough to start, and he hasn't got any attributes to be an effective impact player as a sub. Either loan him out again or sell him before he leaves on a free.

At least with Albrighton there is a chance he might come of the bench and do something against a tired defence, the only thing Delph will offer is an occational yellow or red card

I still thought we had a good player in Delph but every time i see him it gets harder and harder to defend him.

He still is our only central midfield player able to drive forward with the ball but he doesn't do it enough and his passing isn't good enough.

Where I am, and I still hope he comes good

• 1 month later...

He was excellent on Tuesday and best midfielder on display and easily outshone and out worked KEA. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start alongside Westwood and Holman in centre mid tomorrow.

As on Tuesday he has shown in a number of games he can be very effective at this level. However he has also been poor in many games so needs to string a run of games together where he produces the same high level.

the thing with delph, is that hes still a very average player, hes never really going to become of anything decent

and with westwood, herd and el ahmadi who can play the same role, delph isnt really needed, he wouldnt be any great loss if we sold him, certainly not on 'wish we never sold him scale' like young, milner, barry or downing (ok our opinions will differ on them 4 but you see what i mean)

our problem is that we have 3 or 4 players for each position who are all, well most, very average, we should offload most of them, like delph, and only have 2 slightly better players for each position :-)

the thing with delph, is that hes still a very average player, hes never really going to become of anything decent

and with westwood, herd and el ahmadi who can play the same role, delph isnt really needed, he wouldnt be any great loss if we sold him, certainly not on 'wish we never sold him scale' like young, milner, barry or downing (ok our opinions will differ on them 4 but you see what i mean)

our problem is that we have 3 or 4 players for each position who are all, well most, very average, we should offload most of them, like delph, and only have 2 slightly better players for each position :-)

Agree, think Delph is useless myself.

I have to agree we have too many average players. Hopefully as PL works his way through we can sell a few on a replace with genuine quality. Fine balance i guess between having 11 quality players and no back up and having a squad with the required ability. The rough truth of it is we have neither at the moment.

The boy just turned 23 years old and people are writing him off completely. That is just idiotic.

He has had a serious injury that ruined his development and he had to start over, but let's see how he develops from hereon.

I agree. On top of a very serious injury and a couple of other spells out injured he has also had to cope with playing under 4 managers since he arrived. His Villa career has therefore been very stop start. Like with a lot of our youngsters he now has the ideal manager to work under. If he doesn't make it under Lambert in the Prem then he won't make it.

but even before his serious injury he never really showed anything that he was Premier League class except 1 game vs United and a few cup games vs lower level opposition, I know a lot of Leeds fans were shocked at time we paid so much for him

Â