Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

yeah but we struggled yestderday..

One of them needs to push on more to support the attack, while the other drops deep.

I agree - they need to find the right rhythm of attacking and covering, something that I think Delph probably needs to catch up with more than KEA.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow this guy was shocking today. Everytime he got the ball he didnt look for a pass forward instead he just put his head down and passed it back to the defence. Also this guy cannot tackle full stop. He needs to beef up abit.

He simply isn't good enough. Every now and then he does something OK but that is totally cancelled by bad control, poor tackles and sloppy passes the rest of the time.

We need someone that will drive forward was pace and make a meaningful pass. Then get into the penalty area for anything that drops his way. 2 passes sidewards before losing possesion while still in our own half is a killer.

Why can't Lambert see this?

He looks every bit a League 1 player. If we carry on the way we're going, he'll be playing at his true level in a couple of seasons.

Agree.

He doesn't look a premier league player and I don't think he ever will to be honest.

Think we should look to sell and get a proper midfielder in, doesn't help he signed a long term contract just a while ago though.

Needs way too much time for this level. How many times does his touch let the ball get away from him.

I would play Herd, Bannan and Ireland ahead of this guy. Actually I don't think we have 2 midfielders good enough not to need 3 of them in there. Herd, KEA and Ireland for me.

its fair to say delphs time as a villa player has not worked, touch is poor,frail frame etc..i carnt see how the coaches at villa can turn him into a top player who can stamp his mark on a game. hes had his chances & were still waiting ..tick tock tick tock

He's dismal, and why Lambert keeps picking him, **** only knows. Westwood must be truly shite if he can't get in ahead of Delph.

This!.. But hey ho lambert, Sell bent, ireland and nzog and buy us some more division 2 and 3 players please you genius...

A bit of overreaction on here imo.

I thought Delph was no worse than KEA v Norwich, and as others have said, they are too similar to play in the same team. IIRC Delph was MOTM on the Fulham match thread, but one bad game and he's instantly the worst player in the world.

Considering how recently he's come back from a career-threatening injury, I think his progress is reasonably good. It doesn't look like he'll be a world beater, but good enough for a place in the squad.

Â