Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

looked good today, very good at times.

on the booking though, he won the ball true enough. even as recently as 10-15 years ago that would have been classed as a great tackle. it's not 10 years ago though, it's now, and he caught the player after he'd won the ball with his studs up, if he'd gone in with both feet it was a red, even if he won the ball first. not saying it's right, but that's just how it is.

so glad to see him looking like a player again. the PL effect seems to working well on a lot of our players that people were giving up hope on.

I don't think there was anything wrong with his tackle. Wasn't even a foul IMO.

I thought the same to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, Delph has a rash tackle in him, he often dives in.

But this was on the ground, one footed, controlled and he couldn't have got more of the ball.

Studs were showing, but there was no way it was excessive force. He was unlucky to get booked.

I don't think there was anything wrong with his tackle. Wasn't even a foul IMO.

I thought the same to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, Delph has a rash tackle in him, he often dives in.

But this was on the ground, one footed, controlled and he couldn't have got more of the ball.

Studs were showing, but there was no way it was excessive force. He was unlucky to get booked.

Definitely agreed. But, in the defence of the ref, I first thought it looked like a really bad tackle. It was only on the replay that I saw that it was a clean tackle.

I thought he had a decent game. Both him and KEA. But they need to be a bit more creative and stronger. But KEA is still learning the english game and Delph hasn't played that much so far even if he's been here for 3 years now. Or is it more? They can both improve a lot. They have the basic qualities, I think.

In this day and age it was a booking - not a sending off though. He did get the ball but it's a simplistic view to take when he goes into the man as well and you can't condone that as a ref, so it was fair enough. I think some people would be talking about this differently if the tackle was on Delph rather than by him.

Â