Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

A bit of overreaction on here imo.

I thought Delph was no worse than KEA v Norwich, and as others have said, they are too similar to play in the same team. IIRC Delph was MOTM on the Fulham match thread, but one bad game and he's instantly the worst player in the world.

Considering how recently he's come back from a career-threatening injury, I think his progress is reasonably good. It doesn't look like he'll be a world beater, but good enough for a place in the squad.

It's not just one bad game though is it.

I don't think he has progressed at all if anything he has regressed and I don't think he is good enough for the premier league (whether we are intending to stay in the premier league or not he may have a position in the squad based on that)

Stated before that Delph and KEA are too similar to play in midfield together and neither one is dynamic enough for one to compliment the other.

Really disappointed with Delph though. My mate is a Leeds supporter and told me that we had signed a really good young player. Maybe its the injuries that has stunted his development but he really has shown me nothing to suggest that he will be a success here.

id rather Bannan play ahead of Delph not only is he more attacking with the ball he is less likely to pick up a yellow card

agree with that, would rather see Bannan in there at the moment, thought we played better when he was in where Delph has been playing.

I have wanted Delph to become the player we originally thought he could be but I think the injuries have taken their toll and it also seems like no-one, including Lambert and Delph himself, quite knows what his position is and what type of player he is, attacking mid, defensive mid? How long has he had out of the game in total over the last few years, 2? Thats a long time, especially at his age, those years could have been the most important in terms of his learning and development, afraid I don't see him being able to make the grade in the prem, good championship player but at the moment thats about it. Shame.

Make what you will of the following; of the 31 league games Fabian Delph has featured in for Aston Villa, we have won 8, drawn 10 and lost 13 (34 points from a possible 93).

Do I not like that.

There's been a lot worse to wear the shirt, unless you have a short(ish) memory.

I always felt injuries ruined him, then he had a decent start to the season away to West Ham. He was poor against Norwich but then the midfield around him were just as bad. At times he seems to lack the fundamentals and panics in possession.

Overall I'm not convinced he's gonna make it, which is a shame as I was very optimistic when we signed him.

There's been a lot worse to wear the shirt, unless you have a short(ish) memory.

I always felt injuries ruined him, then he had a decent start to the season away to West Ham. He was poor against Norwich but then the midfield around him were just as bad. At times he seems to lack the fundamentals and panics in possession.

Overall I'm not convinced he's gonna make it, which is a shame as I was very optimistic when we signed him.

Going back 15 - 20 years I cant think of many worse. Though I cant think of a worse Villa side tbh.

Wasn't he a winger at Leeds??

no,i had a chat with a leeds sth about fd,he said he was ok,went missing in game,popped the odd goal in but was never prem class, said when he returned on loan he was not the player he remembered from first spell but leeds team was improving,fd still didnt impress.

Â