Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I have had my doubts about Delph for a long time - a walking yellow card really. The good news (for me) is, somebody else will have to be picked ahead of him against Wigan. To be clear, I have nothing against the lad, I just think that with his injuries, he has lost a great deal of ground on other players of his ilk across the football league. He just isn't good enough.

With him now suspended for the game against Wigan it's an ideal opportunity for the club to try and get rid in Jan window.. get a couple of midfielders in... loan or sell Delph and don't play him to prevent an injury from happening.

I'm sure a club in the championship would be interested in him.. we can't expect a big fee though unfortunately.

It's for the best if we get rid though and get proper replacements in in my opinion.

Thought he was our best outfield player comfortably and played very well, unfortunately he doesn't play like this anywhere near and defensively is guaranteed a booking. Such a frustrating player when in terms of ability, he has a lot to his game but never plays consistently well or uses what he has very well. If were to play him more, think he's far better suited driving from midfield as opposed to sitting.

Keep Delph and get rid of El Ahmadi. They're both guaranteed to give away silly fouls and odds on for a booking, but at least Delph can occasionally beat a man and pass the ball forward. If Villa ever get good enough to where they're actually moving the ball forward without being pinned back he could be useful in a rslightly more advanced role, and he's still young. El Ahmadi, on the other hand, has shown that his only use is as an emergency bench player when even the most shit of our other midfielders is out injured or suspended.

Keep Delph and get rid of El Ahmadi. They're both guaranteed to give away silly fouls and odds on for a booking, but at least Delph can occasionally beat a man and pass the ball forward. If Villa ever get good enough to where they're actually moving the ball forward without being pinned back he could be useful in a rslightly more advanced role, and he's still young. El Ahmadi, on the other hand, has shown that his only use is as an emergency bench player when even the most shit of our other midfielders is out injured or suspended.

I've never seen him beat a man..

Really? how much more time? Yes he was injured and it was a bad injury but I think people are using that as an excuse now.

He just isn't that good.

Amen to that. If I read once more that he needs more time because of all the injuries he has had, I will not be held accountable for my actions. :D

The guy just isn't that good. He wouldn't even shine in the Championship for me. Average, average, average.

I've never seen him beat a man..

I hadn't until I saw him do it the other night against Spurs. Thinking back on Delph's performance I don't think he had a bad game (until about 60 minutes when we capitulated) other than one appalling pass in the first half. I have been one of his biggest critics as well.

I hadn't until I saw him do it the other night against Spurs. Thinking back on Delph's performance I don't think he had a bad game (until about 60 minutes when we capitulated) other than one appalling pass in the first half. I have been one of his biggest critics as well.

Didn't go to spurs game and haven't watched a replay of it so haven't seen this.. But from previous experiences I just don't understand what he brings to the table... I remember when he signed our players were saying his control was impeccable and one of the best at the club, yet whenever he plays it seems appalling, in fact his first touch is that bad that his second is often a slide tackle. His tackling is going to injure someone else or him again and he gets too many cards...

Really? how much more time? Yes he was injured and it was a bad injury but I think people are using that as an excuse now.

He just isn't that good.

He was out 8 months two years back, and missed what, half a season last year due to his ankle injury.

Has since then made 6 apps from start and 4 as a sub this season.

While at the club he's made about what?, Half the appearances that Bannan has?

Stewart Downing needed more then 10 games after his injury before he started to play well for us. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Downing eventually became for us though.

Claiming that he's been given enough time and that his two severe injuries are nothing but an excuse just shows a lack of patience(imo). Yes, I know we're not in the position to be patient at the moment, but I rather see Delph given a run of the games then Bannan or KEA. He has more ability then the both of them.

If he can sort the recklessness out of his game and gain the confidence to go forward more, he could be a decent player for us. But he needs a consistent run of games in order to do so.

Â