Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph has been a hugh waste of money so far. He can't tackle, can't control the ball, passes backwards or sidewards at best and can't shoot. He has time on his side but needs several good performances like Tuesday to prove he has what it takes.

A tad harsh?

Indeed. I remember when he played against Man United and one of the more endearing qualities he had was his willingness to pass the ball forward. Whenever I've watched him practice he has one hell of a shot too. Let's hope he can produce it on the pitch!

keeping my fingers crossed he has turned the corner.

would be like a new signing if we can get him to fulfil his potential.

PS Remember the Platt goal aginst Belguim, it just takes a top performance to trigger the belief factor.

kinda hope he gets a run out in a more attacking position today. He was purchased as an attacking player, and we've only played him deep or even holding midfield.

I'd like to see him in Irelands position, but with his energy levels seemingly so much higher than Irelands, he could be really exciting there

i really hope he starts today alongside KEA

i think he helps Karims game and takes the defensive pressure off him

it is unfair of us to expect KEA to be our defensive midfield destroyer and the guy to start off our attacks like he has to in a midfield diamond

Tidy is a good word for him today but with KEA playing beside him we lack creativity in middle of park going forward. I though Bannan gave that and more energy when he came on.

Not sure what I would do for next week. Probably start with Delph as he will soon be suspended the way he is picking up yellow cards.

The tackle wasn't clever, but the Albion player ran his studs all over Delphs back once Delph had tackled him. Watch it again on the telly and tell me that the Albion lad didn't do it on purpose.

I thought Delph played quite well today but I can't recall him making any key passes. He kept the ball well, kept it moving etc but doesn't make killer passes in my opinion. I thought Bannan and Charlie were good substitutions to make today.

He went in Studs up, can't do it in this era of football.

But anyway, thought he was good today. very promising, much better than KEA.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think he went for the ball. Overstretching, maybe, but his foot got the ball and not the man. Harsh booking.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think he went for the ball. Overstretching, maybe, but his foot got the ball and not the man. Harsh booking.

Yeah I don't think it was a yellow, it was still a foul though IMO.

That's the point. If a player dives in and the referee deems to to be reckless, careless or made with excessive force (Law 12 btw) then a free kick can be awarded and the player can be cautioned. Whether he genuinely went for the ball or got to the ball first is irrelevant.

Â