Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Yes we can all pick out moments in games when players do something stupid and actually I do rate Delph although he cost us 2 points against Fulham. I just thought at times yesterday he was very negative with his passing and when he did go for the long ball it usually went astray. He works hard, he makes lots of tackles and gives lots of fouls away too. He needs a bit of Westwood's composure I think.

Yes but all his good work was undone by the own goal and his woeful finish. Not his fault if we go down but those two points lost against Fulham could be the difference between us staying up or going down, Huge pressure on us now!

Did he not get MOTM against Flum? Anyhoo, I won't be harsh on him for last night. I thought he worked tirelessly and did what he could in difficult circumstances. He has shown his value over recent weeks and I'm confident he'll be more productive at the weekend. As will everyone else.

• Like 1

Did he not get MOTM against Flum? Anyhoo, I won't be harsh on him for last night. I thought he worked tirelessly and did what he could in difficult circumstances. He has shown his value over recent weeks and I'm confident he'll be more productive at the weekend. As will everyone else.

Baker, but I thought Delph had a good game against Fulham and, like you, its harsh to single him out last night.

Matt Kendrick Evening mail marked him only 5 for the Fulham game. Baker or Nzog were motm I think.

In all fairness Matt Kendrick is one of the worst footie reporters I've come across. Delph was very good against Fulham just as he had been for a number of games. Last night he wasn't poor by any stretch given the level of opposition.

Him and Westwood have formed a decent partnership and in the up coming games against Sunderland, Norwich and Wigan they will more than hold their own.

One things for sure we are going to need Delph's fighting spirit and determination in the upcoming battles.

When we got Fabian Delph I was thinking of a box-to-box player who would tackle a lot, make neat passes and also roam forward with his pace. Tonight he was totally great and won every ball, distributed passes all over the pitch, contributed in attack and ran more than any of their players. It was weird because he has done that very few times for us, mostly due to that injury that wrecked much of his career. However, when he played great today it seemed so natural to him. That makes it easier to believe that he will return to the path of being a great player again, in fact games like these can seriously do good for him who has been through a lot of shit.

He won some throw-ins, 3 interceptions, 1 tackle.

Dispossessed 5 times. 1 turnover. Passing accuracy 81%.

zero 40 yard passes back to Guzan.

Didn't get in the way of the players who were on superb form. So even though he could have done better he still was necessary for the result.

Again, I thought he was really good tonight. I'd written him off only 4 months ago and am pleasantly surprised about how he has forced his way back into having a Villa future.

Sure, he isn't amazing still but if he improves the same amount in the next four months as he has done in the last 4 months then he might become quite key to Villa.

He has really come on this last few months and is now becoming an important player for us. He has a great engine and work rate and is also a very skilful player. He does have a tendency still to let the ball get away from him at times but overall I have been really impressed with him this season.

His Aston Villa career has been very stop start due to injuries but we have now seen with a run of games what he is capable off and he can comfortably hold his own at this level. Long may it continue.

• Like 2

Â