Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

he's only young and whilst I agree he hasn't set the world on fire maybe - the jolt of not being in so plush surroundings - and having to graft and show a bit of character - moving to a new town and such might grow him up and make him more focussed and determined, if and wehen he comes back to do absolutely everyting he can to make it. in hindsight maybe that's exactly what we needed to do with all our kids over the past 10 years - change of scenery - make them realise they haven't yet made it and try to improve their mentality. It's one thing shining in the reserves and another in League 1 / Championship and eventually the premiership. A lot of our youngsters have been thrown in at the deep end and asked to sink or swim. Anyway good luck to him

he's only young and whilst I agree he hasn't set the world on fire maybe - the jolt of not being in so plush surroundings - and having to graft and show a bit of character - moving to a new town and such might grow him up and make him more focussed and determined, if and wehen he comes back to do absolutely everyting he can to make it. in hindsight maybe that's exactly what we needed to do with all our kids over the past 10 years - change of scenery - make them realise they haven't yet made it and try to improve their mentality. It's one thing shining in the reserves and another in League 1 / Championship and eventually the premiership. A lot of our youngsters have been thrown in at the deep end and asked to sink or swim. Anyway good luck to him

He has already been out on loan and that didn'y kick him into action can't see it happening now either woul dlove to be wrong but villa days numbered IMO.

Don't rate him and his billy big bollocks attitude either

Statements like this really, really puzzle me.

Now, you may have had a different experience with Nathan than I have, but when i've ever met him he comes across as very humble and a bit shy.

I've also spoken (as you may have) to Villa staff and i've never heard a single whisper of him having an attitude. In fact last time I was at BH and talking to 2 of the staff they both said he's such a lovely lad but he has absolutely no confidence in himself. Which is quite the opposite of what you said

What was you experience that led to your comment above ?

For what it's worth. I'm not sure he's cut out for the PL, but i sincerely hope he goes to Blackpool and does a Whittingham and enjoys the rest of his career

Don't rate him and his billy big bollocks attitude either

Statements like this really, really puzzle me.

Now, you may have had a different experience with Nathan than I have, but when i've ever met him he comes across as very humble and a bit shy.

I've also spoken (as you may have) to Villa staff and i've never heard a single whisper of him having an attitude. In fact last time I was at BH and talking to 2 of the staff they both said he's such a lovely lad but he has absolutely no confidence in himself. Which is quite the opposite of what you said

What was you experience that led to your comment above ?

For what it's worth. I'm not sure he's cut out for the PL, but i sincerely hope he goes to Blackpool and does a Whittingham and enjoys the rest of his career

I seem to remember MM saying the past 3 managers have questioned his attitude...

and loaning him to Pool and replacing him with Bowery speaks volumes...

i think PL has recognised he isn't driven enough or want it enough...

low confidence is a cop out IMO

Always doubted this kids commitment to making the step-up tbh. Ability alone is'nt whats needed to make it at this level and Delfouneso does'nt have the necessary mental attitude to be up there. Blackpool, unsurprisingly, might be better for him altogether.

Ulvers comments seem spot on to me! Thats always been my impression too! Question his attitude doesn't mean he's a billy bigbollocks type, it simply means they doubt whether he has the mentel attributes required to succeed and that can mean many things! Delfouesso has never had people talking about drunken or thuggish antics, or even being showey! His weakness is that he himself doubt his ability!

This is why I think working with Holloway could be good for him. He takes all the flack and attention away from his players and clearly gives his players a lot of support, but at the same time he is blunt enough to tell them exactly what they are lacking! The talent is there with Nathan, he just needs a manager to instill the belief in him.

Even the great Drogba ended up playing lique 2 football and being seen as a talented failure, he only got his career back on track at the age of 24, so 21 is way too young to be written off!

Â