Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

And as it was Bolton he went to for 1st team football it would seem to indicate that he was not quite ready to play regularly for a top 6 team (as we were then).

I see it the same.

I think all fans saw the potential but I don't think he looked good enough when he was playing, he was still just a young defender with bags of potential.

And like you said, the fact he went to bolton shows the level he was performing at.

We weren't ready to play him and he didn't want to sit on the bench.

I don't think we'll regret letting the Fonz go like we did with Cahill.

The way I see it even if he does leave us and goes onto bigger and better things I don't think any of could sit here and accuse any of our managers of not giving him a chance, and that is an indication of his impact here.

To a lesser extent (I stress), this is exactly what happened with Cahill.

At the time he left, most people accepted that he wasn't quite good enough for us (at the time), and wished him luck.

A couple of years down the line and people blame the manager for letting a champions league winner go.

I know the sums of money involved are massively different, but there are parralels between Benteke / Delfouneso and Davies / Cahill.

No way... Zat Knight was getting ahead of Cahill... it was pretty disgraceful. Everyone could see the talent and there was no excuse for selling him... especially after "that" goal.

The Fonz has a lot of talent but lacks the sheer hard work ethic. That makes him a luxury player, and Villa can't afford to have a talented passenger in the first team.

It's not that imo, he looks a million dollars in reserve matches and against lower league opposition. He gets that little bit of extra time, its the step up in quality he can't seem to handle and lets be honest he has been given the time to develop. If he's to go on as a player he needs to drop down a league and build it up from there

The Fonz has a lot of talent but lacks the sheer hard work ethic. That makes him a luxury player, and Villa can't afford to have a talented passenger in the first team.

It's not that imo, he looks a million dollars in reserve matches and against lower league opposition. He gets that little bit of extra time, its the step up in quality he can't seem to handle and lets be honest he has been given the time to develop. If he's to go on as a player he needs to drop down a league and build it up from there

I've watched him for the youth and reserves Bicks, and he goes missing for long periods of the game. It made him dangerous when he did switch on because the defence had perhaps given him space, but it did effectively mean others running their arses off to cover space that he couldn't seem bothered to occupy.

Disappointed he hasn't made the grade here (I think if he does score regularly for Blackpool they'll sign him full time).

Strangely enough his goals to games ratio must still be quite decent as he has scored a few in carling and fa cup for us. I still remember that left foot volley he scored on his debut in that europa league game a few years ago, he scored next game in Hamburg aswell.

Thought he'd really do well under Houllier but he never really fancied him and his career has stalled ever since.

Still no idea what Lambert saw in the week's training to throw him in randomly against Everton, apart from a 2 minute run by the corner flag, he barely touched the ball after that.

I've watched him for the youth and reserves Bicks, and he goes missing for long periods of the game. It made him dangerous when he did switch on because the defence had perhaps given him space, but it did effectively mean others running their arses off to cover space that he couldn't seem bothered to occupy.

There are plenty of top quality forwards who do that, game after game

There are plenty of top quality forwards who do that, game after game

Yep they do, you're right.

The problem with Delefouneso, I know you're not saying it isn't, is they then pop up with a goal.

Effort from the edge of the area by Nathan Delfouneso goes wide of the right-hand post.

Nathan Delfouneso fires in a goal from just outside the area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Blackpool 2-0 Middlesbrough.

Nathan Delfouneso takes a shot. Save made by Jason Steele

Nathan Delfouneso scores a goal from deep inside the penalty area to the bottom left corner of the goal. Blackpool 1-0 Middlesbrough

---

getting the chances it seems.

Effort from the edge of the area by Nathan Delfouneso goes wide of the right-hand post.

Nathan Delfouneso fires in a goal from just outside the area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Blackpool 2-0 Middlesbrough.

Nathan Delfouneso takes a shot. Save made by Jason Steele

Nathan Delfouneso scores a goal from deep inside the penalty area to the bottom left corner of the goal. Blackpool 1-0 Middlesbrough

---

getting the chances it seems.

Sounds good this lad. Sign him up Paul! :twisted:

Â