Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We've done this in Things You Don't Get, but... I've never been able to do the nap thing. Either I lie there trying in vain to sleep, painfully aware of the time a-wasting until I give up, OR I eventually do manage to sleep awhile, and wake up feeling like absolute shit, knowing it will throw my nighttime sleep pattern out completely. An afternoon off is for DOING stuff (even if it's only reading or watching a film). 

I like an afternoon nap but **** me do I feel groggy when I wake up and it takes a good half hour before I can talk to people.

The wife thinks she is getting some tonight but how wrong can she be. She's just gone to drop her mate off over Lichfield then she's coming back. I've just finished my second bottle of wine along with a curry and now I'm off to bed as I'm working tomorrow. By the time she gets back in half hour or so I will be in the land of nod. I'd stay up and watch the rest of the footy but can't see Derby coming back now. Goodnight gentlemen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's amazing. We used to have it at JLR and I'd forgotten how good it was.

Midday finish at the new place on a Friday. A 4 hour day and then an afternoon off. It's great.

I think I'll go back to that when it comes up for renewal. Miss it so much.

5 minutes ago, Xann said:

Katie Hopkins picking up a legal bill for £300,000 after projecting bile at the wrong target in a case of mistaken identity.

The offended party had offered to drop the suit, if the vile shit of a woman had made a £5000 donation to charity?

She didn't.

Oops :P

She is worth about £3m, I'm sure she can cope

the bit written by the secret barrister was entertaining too. Reading an official judgement of a twitter spat is surreal. I'm sure the courts must have to process some really bizarre stuff in dry judgements, but this was quite amusing. 

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/131000-katie-hopkins-realise-trolling-twitter-expensive-hobby/

At £131,000, Katie Hopkins should realise trolling on Twitter is an expensive hobby The controversial columnist – pictured here as an effigy ready for the bonfire – has been ordered to pay £24,000 in damages to Jack Monroe (Photo: Getty)

Secret Barrister 15 hours Friday March 10th 2017

One of the peculiarities of practising criminal law is repeat clients. When defending, the notion of repeat custom effectively depends on people taking advantage of your good work to go on to commit, or at least to get themselves accused of committing, further criminal offences. It presents something of a moral bind.

For society’s sake, you want your clients to desist from their wicked ways. As I say in sincerity to each defendant at the end of every case: I genuinely hope I never see you again. However, for the sake of paying a mortgage, it is, regrettably, really quite helpful if they veer away from the straight and narrow and in the direction of a sustained and ambitious crime wave.

Much less morally troublesome, it strikes me, must be to find oneself on a retainer as defamation counsel for Katie Hopkins. For there is no doubt here; no new dawns to suppose may be false; no attempted rehabilitations that your darker self secretly hopes are aborted. Hopkins is an unstoppable, immutable force of libel. No court or human intervention can dissuade her. Defaming and abusing is just what she does...

59 minutes ago, Frobisher said:

When you're cooking a meal, sample your efforts and laugh in sheer satisfaction at the delicious taste of your creation.

I often feel like that, but always when a curry i make from scratch hits the mark.........I think I'm a bit obsessed about getting that "takeaway style" flavour and texture :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I often feel like that, but always when a curry i make from scratch hits the mark.........I think I'm a bit obsessed about getting that "takeaway style" flavour and texture :)

Do you make a base and use the Asian corner shop masallas? I do a cracking balti using cassia bark, garam massala and basaar.

• Like 2

Today, I have seen an actual, real life Geyser. Strokkur to be exact.

It was better than I imagined it would be as a 16 year old Geology student.

Nature is absolutely beautiful sometimes.

#geologyrocks

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Today, I have seen an actual, real life Geyser. Strokkur to be exact.

It was better than I imagined it would be as a 16 year old Geology student.

Nature is absolutely beautiful sometimes.

#geologyrocks

It is great isn't it :)

Did you go to the big waterfalls?

• Like 2

Just for the fun of it when I got out the bath yesterday I put the wife's dress on and came down stairs stating that I felt like a new man. You enjoyed your bath then she said before turning round and seeing me in her dress. My son was pissing himself and my daughter said I was kind of weird :D must admit though the dress was quite liberating to wear.

• Like 1

Â