Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's just fantastic. I'm not sure what I love more.

• The first child's "I don't give a **** about your TV interview" strut
  • The shove in the face that looks like something that Ibrahimovic would be sent off for
  • The oblivious baby's perfect comic timing
  • The mum bursting in like Kramer from Seinfeld, then dropping to her knees thinking that makes her invisible.
  • The look on the guys face towards the end with his eyes shut "well, that career was nice while it lasted".

That video has made my day.

It's the strut that gets me, followed by the skidding mum/nanny and the unceremonious reefing of strutter @21s :lol:

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

:crylaugh: 

The way the carer skids into the room in blind panic, then tries to maintain a low profile as she closes the door is amazing.

I can just imagine her thinking, 'Phew, I think I just about got away with that' as she closes it :lol: 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Half Day Fridays.

Even if I have to work late at work. which is most weeks, I'm still home in time for an hour or two's nap.

Which I'm about to embark on.

Lovely.

mid afternoon naps, cant beat them

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We've done this in Things You Don't Get, but... I've never been able to do the nap thing. Either I lie there trying in vain to sleep, painfully aware of the time a-wasting until I give up, OR I eventually do manage to sleep awhile, and wake up feeling like absolute shit, knowing it will throw my nighttime sleep pattern out completely. An afternoon off is for DOING stuff (even if it's only reading or watching a film). 

I thought you may enjoy a cat nap looking at your avatar :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Half Day Fridays.

Even if I have to work late at work. which is most weeks, I'm still home in time for an hour or two's nap.

Which I'm about to embark on.

Lovely.

It makes such a difference to your weekend if you can get out of work by lunchtime on Friday. Seems to last far longer than that extra half day

9 minutes ago, KHV said:

The fact that I have all of next week off for Cheltenham

Nice!

All the good horses have dropped out though. My mate goes every year, just an excuse for a huge piss up :D

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nice!

All the good horses have dropped out though. My mate goes every year, just an excuse for a huge piss up :D

I'm not going, just having a good 4 days taking money from the bookies :D

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

It makes such a difference to your weekend if you can get out of work by lunchtime on Friday. Seems to last far longer than that extra half day

It's amazing. We used to have it at JLR and I'd forgotten how good it was.

Midday finish at the new place on a Friday. A 4 hour day and then an afternoon off. It's great.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We've done this in Things You Don't Get, but... I've never been able to do the nap thing. Either I lie there trying in vain to sleep, painfully aware of the time a-wasting until I give up, OR I eventually do manage to sleep awhile, and wake up feeling like absolute shit, knowing it will throw my nighttime sleep pattern out completely. An afternoon off is for DOING stuff (even if it's only reading or watching a film). 

Saved me some typing.

• Like 1

Â