Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

16 hours ago, PongRiddims said:

I love the low level 'ultras scene' for that exact reason. We went to Shepshed away last year (near Loughborough) and the ultras had their own section, banners, flags, everything, absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately the Shepshed ultras are total bells. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PongRiddims said: I love the low level 'ultras scene' for that exact reason. We went to Shepshed away last year (near Loughborough) and the ultras had their own section, banners, flags, everything, absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately the Shepshed ultras are total bells. 

I can imagine that to be true too

9 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said: [emoji3]

Have those three words ever sounded more deflated and yet somehow tinged with an underlying optimism?

all we can do is hope. its now monday morning so i hope to hear if theres been any progress.

Can confirm, it's been like shitting rusty bubbles today uuuugh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PongRiddims said:

I can imagine that to be true too

So annoying. It's great that they provide an atmosphere but it would be better if they focused on supporting their team rather than getting into the opposition players and the officials at every opportunity. 

Obviously if you tell them that you'll get a load of aggro for apparently being against them being noisy, which would be the preserve of a different kind of moron.

20 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

:D

Have those three words ever sounded more deflated and yet somehow tinged with an underlying optimism?

"We go again" runs it close!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PongRiddims said: I can imagine that to be true too

So annoying. It's great that they provide an atmosphere but it would be better if they focused on supporting their team rather than getting into the opposition players and the officials at every opportunity. 

Obviously if you tell them that you'll get a load of aggro for apparently being against them being noisy, which would be the preserve of a different kind of moron.

Do you go up there often mate? More to the point, you ever watch AFC Wulfrunians play?

1 hour ago, PongRiddims said:

Do you go up there often mate? More to the point, you ever watch AFC Wulfrunians play?

Never been up the Butthole. I'm a season ticket holder at Coventry Sphinx and they're in our league. Yet to see Wulfrunians - we're there in April, I might make the trip.

He and she are not giving 30 billion quid to charity.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ok.

They're 'giving' the shares (not money) to The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, LLC. (A Limited Liability Company).

Not a charity but a for profit company that they'll be in charge of and the money can be dished out however they may care (including in support of political initiatives - something that charities would be prevented from doing) and most certainly in order to invest and make profit in private enterprises and so on.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PongRiddims said: Do you go up there often mate? More to the point, you ever watch AFC Wulfrunians play?

Never been up the Butthole. I'm a season ticket holder at Coventry Sphinx and they're in our league. Yet to see Wulfrunians - we're there in April, I might make the trip.

Ah OK, let me know if you're over and I'll meet you for a beer :)

Â