Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Surely they should be celebrated even more, assuming someone remembered to turn off the fire alarm before they bring out the cake...

I have to say, my 60th was one of my best days ever. Last day at work, all day drinking (unusual for me, as documented in the "How Much Do You Drink" thread, but OK, due to the pacing). Followed by a party with a whole bunch of friends who hadn't been gathered together for decades.

I had an Irish auntie who did big parties (good ones, with live music and loads of booze) on her 70th, 75th, 80th, 85th and 90th (she didn't quite make 95, sadly). Perhaps I'll do something similar.

22 hours ago, PongRiddims said:

Seeing Football Focus being broadcast from my home town, good luck Stourbridge #RedArmy

You just can't beat being in a crowd of a few hundred with 6 or 7 'ultras' repeatedly chanting 'red army.red army. red army'. Just stood chuckling thinking, but there are 6 of you.

One of my fave grounds (Port Talbot) let's people out at half time to go to the chippy over the road.

Anyway, we've just had a new 3G pitch installed. I was a little sceptical as it's caused some crazy fixture congestion (we had to play 9 consecutive away games, so no gate receipts for 3 months). This weekend, with the crazy rain there's been, we had the women's team play on it Friday evening, under 8's play a mini tournament Saturday, main event Saturday afternoon the seniors won in the Welsh Cup, today the under 19's have got a game. During the week there will be training on it ready for next weekend. Across male, female, disability and all ages we've got over 500 players on the books now. With a 3G pitch that isn't bothered by rain.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, PongRiddims said: Seeing Football Focus being broadcast from my home town, good luck Stourbridge #RedArmy

You just can't beat being in a crowd of a few hundred with 6 or 7 'ultras' repeatedly chanting 'red army.red army. red army'. Just stood chuckling thinking, but there are 6 of you.

One of my fave grounds (Port Talbot) let's people out at half time to go to the chippy over the road.

Anyway, we've just had a new 3G pitch installed. I was a little sceptical as it's caused some crazy fixture congestion (we had to play 9 consecutive away games, so no gate receipts for 3 months). This weekend, with the crazy rain there's been, we had the women's team play on it Friday evening, under 8's play a mini tournament Saturday, main event Saturday afternoon the seniors won in the Welsh Cup, today the under 19's have got a game. During the week there will be training on it ready for next weekend. Across male, female, disability and all ages we've got over 500 players on the books now. With a 3G pitch that isn't bothered by rain.

I love the low level 'ultras scene' for that exact reason. We went to Shepshed away last year (near Loughborough) and the ultras had their own section, banners, flags, everything, absolutely amazing.

• Like 1

Just now, PongRiddims said:

I've spent all weekend drinking ale, eating cheese and Italian meat (no homo), messing with turntables, speakers and amps. I haven't done that for a long time, it's been a good weekend

id hate to be your toilet at this moment in time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PongRiddims said:

I've spent all weekend drinking ale, eating cheese and Italian meat (no homo), messing with turntables, speakers and amps. I haven't done that for a long time, it's been a good weekend

I could do that every weekend. Single has its upsides.

Of course I have to wank into a scrunched up piece of kitchen roll but you can't have everything. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I could do that every weekend. Single has its upsides.

Of course I have to wank into a scrunched up piece of kitchen roll but you can't have everything. 

dont you just go out and pull any random bird regardless of how she looks?

Just now, PongRiddims said: I've spent all weekend drinking ale, eating cheese and Italian meat (no homo), messing with turntables, speakers and amps. I haven't done that for a long time, it's been a good weekend

id hate to be your toilet at this moment in time.

Incredibly, I've delivered nothing but silky sausages today, although I was expecting similar consequences Ruge

39 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

CVkwn7MW4AEsKF9.jpg

space age comes to Swansea Valleys

traffic lights and refrigerators next, mark my words

That can't be a recent clipping. Surely, it can't?

Edit: I'd also be tempted to pronounce the council name as 'Silly Billy'. :)

Edited by snowychap

Â