Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

When you're watching repeats of classic British comedy over the upcoming months, keep this in mind...

Origin of BERK. probably short for Berkeley (or Berkshire) hunt, rhyming slang for word removed.

Dave is currently making delivery number 1, you are delivery number 5.

Dave is approximately 45 minutes away from you.

My Pipboy is nearly here, can't wait for it to turn up so I can start the install and go to bed

My Pipboy is nearly here, can't wait for it to turn up so I can start the install and go to bed

I'll be as quick as I can.

• Like 1

I love this, DPD are by far the best delivery company now.

My regular driver is also called Dave. Maybe one of the Ds stands for Dave. Daves' Parcel Deliveries?

I love this, DPD are by far the best delivery company now.

My regular driver is also called Dave. Maybe one of the Ds stands for Dave. Daves' Parcel Deliveries?

I can confirm this is true. It's a well hidden fact, only known by Daves, that anyone who applies for a job at DPD has to be called Dave. Same goes for DFS (Daves' Furniture Store) and the DHSS (Daves' Housing and Social Security). Things are a little different with the DVLA tough, as due to being based in Swansea, it only employs Dave's that go by the name Dai. 

Yesterday evening, at the football, two things:

Firstly, whilst our home games have started a little late due to installation of a new 3G, yesterday was our second home game and we won 4:1 (opening home game last week we won 7:2). So that made me happy.

Second, the clubhouse was closed for some refurbishment. When I was asked what was happening, I explained that we were having the already fantastic views of the pitch improved by extending out over the running track with a glass sided infinity pool. That we would, in the summer, be able to watch the game from the pool, eight meters up in the air.

I later had to damp down expectation as apparently some people couldn't spot bullshit if it turned up with a flashing red beacon and a flag picturing a bull and a shit on it.

• Like 1

Yesterday evening, at the football, two things:

Firstly, whilst our home games have started a little late due to installation of a new 3G, yesterday was our second home game and we won 4:1 (opening home game last week we won 7:2). So that made me happy.

Second, the clubhouse was closed for some refurbishment. When I was asked what was happening, I explained that we were having the already fantastic views of the pitch improved by extending out over the running track with a glass sided infinity pool. That we would, in the summer, be able to watch the game from the pool, eight meters up in the air.

I later had to damp down expectation as apparently some people couldn't spot bullshit if it turned up with a flashing red beacon and a flag picturing a bull and a shit on it.

13567787.jpg

• Like 3

Â