Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

sleep, i bloody love it. just had myself an hour and im going to have myself an early night. how much sleep do fellow VTers like to have? me personally ive always liked having plenty of sleep and if i have work the following day i like to be a sleep for 10.30 at the latest as i get up at 5.45. its not uncommon for me to got to bed at 9 sometimes and even at weekends i find it hard to stay up too late, but the older ive got the harder i find it to have a lie in and sometimes even if i haven't got work i'll get up at half 7.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

what do you do at that time in the morning? must admit i do like getting up early myself if i can.

Internet, telly that I know my wife won't like. Listen to music. I haven't slept in till 8 since about 1999. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

being your next door neighbour and being woken up at half 3 in the morning to "a ring of fire" blasting out is not my idea of waking up nicely :)

You aren't far off the truth there. 

In Istanbul I was always woken up by the call to prayer. There were 3 mosques by me and they always went off a few seconds after each other. Which meant some **** weird dreams. Because it was all " all- all- allahh uuuuuuuu akh-akh-akh ba-ba-baaaaaa"

In all seriousness, round about a pound a week.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Tumble Dryer broke down earlier in the week.

I phoned a couple of the usual plumber / handyman types. No response from most, one wanted £20 for parts and £40 to come out and fix it, but then disappeared for 2 days without saying when he'd come and fix it.

Googled the problem, ordered parts (£15) and I've just stripped it, replaced what was broken and put it back together. Including watching a 'how to' video it took under 30 minutes and I've saved £45 and learnt a mini skill.

a man after my own heart ....well done lad 

• Like 1

Â