Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Friday pub lunch.

Well, going to the pub on a Friday lunchtime anyway. I didn't actually eat anything :)

The only thing I miss about being at work. 

And what makes it even better is that i'm working from home and the pub is a 2 minute walk away :D

• Like 1

I've got to admit, I love the John Lewis adverts.

But I do hate the fact that every year they destroy a song I like. Not that the cover versions are ever that bad, but they always become 'that song off the John Lewis advert'.

I haven't heard Real Love by the Beatles the same since.

• Like 1

Friday pub lunch.

Well, going to the pub on a Friday lunchtime anyway. I didn't actually eat anything emoji4.png

Was Turkish Rich with you? He loves a good cob that boy.

He was indeed. He got stuck into the carvery pretty sharpish! 

Friday pub lunch.

Well, going to the pub on a Friday lunchtime anyway. I didn't actually eat anything [emoji4]

And what makes it even better is that i'm working from home and the pub is a 2 minute walk away [emoji3]

Corn Ex? ;)

Tell him I told him carvery is ghey

I've got to admit, I love the John Lewis adverts.

But I do hate the fact that every year they destroy a song I like. Not that the cover versions are ever that bad, but they always become 'that song off the John Lewis advert'.

I haven't heard Real Love by the Beatles the same since.

I can't abide all these adverts with cover songs, hate' em, all of 'em

It's the same every year. To the point where I've heard people say, "it's not Christmas, till I've seen the John Lewis / Coca-Cola adverts". Christmas is all about rampant capitalism now. Just what the Little Baby Jebus would have wanted.

To be fair if rampant capitalism didnt have Christmas there would be precious little keeping the house of cards wobbling in place.

Friday pub lunch.

Well, going to the pub on a Friday lunchtime anyway. I didn't actually eat anything :)

one of the main things i miss about being single, used to bloody love boozing it up after work on a friday.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Friday pub lunch.

And what makes it even better is that i'm working from home and the pub is a 2 minute walk away :D

now thats bloody cheating, you sly dog.

• Like 1

love the john lewis advert, absolutely love chrismas time.

I supported you with the toilet door thing.

I've even just tried to knock one out over the microwave.

But it's the first week of November. November. I think you've just crossed a line.

• Like 4

So I've seen the John Lewis advert now. Again, for the whatever year this is running, why am I supposed to cry at this? I really struggle to see anything other than a bag of bollocks from this advert. It just makes me want to puke from start to finish. What's wrong with me? Why do I have no emotions for this shit? I hope I'm right, and it's everyone else is wrong? 

It should be law that there are no Christmas adverts, no Christmas talk etc..  until December 1st at the earliest.

If I had it my way, from December 17th to January 6th we should all be forced to celebrate the Christmas season by living theearly to mid 19th century's way of life.

• Like 3

I hate the John Lewis ad every year. I don't like that their adverts consistently push this message that somehow John Lewis is more than a shop, that being just a shop is beneath John Lewis and actually it's part of the family.

They're always vomit inducing middle class wankery.

• Like 1

Friday pub lunch.

one of the main things i miss about being single, used to bloody love boozing it up after work on a friday.

Why can't you do it every now and again now?

Â