Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m alright for not needing a wazz in the night, unless I’ve had a couple of beers before bed. 
My wife is a nightmare for it, she’ll always go, often twice.

She should get her prostate checked ;) 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I don't sleep much but after a while my body says it has to have a good sleep. It happened last night. 10pm till 6am, anight of uninterrupted sleep. It's been a long time coming. 

Yep I had a full 8 hours myself last night, I feel tired, not used to it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I rarely have a problem getting to sleep but I’ll never make it through the night without getting up for a pee.  A bladder that weak at my age doesn’t bode well.

Do you feel thirsty at night too? 

Needing to pee during the night especially if accompanied by feeling thirsty is a sign of diabetes.  I blamed my weak bladder for years before I was diagnosed. Had to pee pretty much every night. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Needing to pee during the night especially if accompanied by feeling thirsty is a sign of diabetes.  I blamed my weak bladder for years before I was diagnosed. Had to pee pretty much every night. 

Eek!  I mean, I wouldn’t say being thirsty is something I’ve particularly noticed but something I’ll look out for now.  

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Needing to pee during the night especially if accompanied by feeling thirsty is a sign of diabetes.  

Damn :(

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I applied for 2 jobs in the last 3 weeks and got them both.  I'm 50 next month so well pleased.

I took the job at a small up and coming Swedish furniture company,  14 mins by train,  total travel is 20 mins door to door.

(In office, data analysis.  Not the person who comes up with the names as I told my mates / parents)

Congratulations! IKEA is quite a good company I've heard.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Congratulations! IKEA is quite a good company I've heard.

I dont know if this is company policy but a friend of mine works at IKEA and they gave him a $1000 voucher to spend ( at IKEA ) for a wedding present.Obviously Im talking about the Perth branch.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont know if this is company policy but a friend of mine works at IKEA and they gave him a $1000 voucher to spend ( at IKEA ) for a wedding present.Obviously Im talking about the Perth branch.

My end plan if possible is to move to Perth one day.  If I can do that via work then all the better.

I have 2 kids / 2 grandkids there so I can move there if I want too from what I understand of the requirements. 

The weather there has been a bit warm over xmas I understand ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

My end plan if possible is to move to Perth one day.  If I can do that via work then all the better.

I have 2 kids / 2 grandkids there so I can move there if I want too from what I understand of the requirements. 

The weather there has been a bit warm over xmas I understand ?

It sure has been. My brother lives there and it's been 40°c plus for the last 5 days.

I went out there in late January one year and it was a scorcher. I do laugh, however when he puts on a jumper cos it's a chilly 24°c  in winter 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 40"c only lasted 3 days but to be fair after that we did have 3 days of 38"c to 39"c also to explain what really happens here in Perth is that Febuary is the hottest month of the year with temperatures usually going from 33"c to 38"c you get the odd 40"c day/days but that is the exception rather than the rule.The 40"c plus this december was the first time in history that we had 40"c plus in december according to the news.As for winter,its usually sunny with temp from 14c to 24c.You can plan a picnin for any day of the year here because even in winter its rare for the rain to last all day,usually its something like 1 hour of rain followed by 2/3 hours of sunshine. 

22 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

You can plan a picnin for any day of the year here because even in winter its rare for the rain to last all day,usually its something like 1 hour of rain followed by 2/3 hours of sunshine. 

We have a similar thing here only it's usually something like 1 hour of rain followed by 2/3 hours of drizzle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tell you what though,when we do get the first 2/3 rains of winter I often sit out in the pergola and enjoy it.After a couple of months with blue skies and sunshine you get sick of it and look foreward to the rain,so I enjoy the first 2/3 showers then I am sick of winter and crave the sun again.  

• Like 1

Â