Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I picked up a couple of faggots from the market, lunchtime.

After all that rich indulgent excess, nice to just have a quick cheap faggot sandwich.

One of the few great things in my childhood trips to my great Aunt's in Porthcawl was that we'd bring faggots home from the butchers and have them for tea in Birmingham on the Monday.

Yeah that usually meant they'd been unrefridgerated for about 8 hours with all the visiting and travelling that went on

Absolutely lovely they were, I can remember the taste of them even now, many years later

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

One of the few great things in my childhood trips to my great Aunt's in Porthcawl was that we'd bring faggots home from the butchers and have them for tea in Birmingham on the Monday.

Yeah that usually meant they'd been unrefridgerated for about 8 hours with all the visiting and travelling that went on

Absolutely lovely they were, I can remember the taste of them even now, many years later

When I think back not to my childhood and the number of Ham Sandwiches I had in packed lunches which had sat out for hours in the hot summer sun in cars and minibuses etc and were actually hot when I ate them I think it's a miracle I'm here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When I think back not to my childhood and the number of Ham Sandwiches I had in packed lunches which had sat out for hours in the hot summer sun in cars and minibuses etc and were actually hot when I ate them I think it's a miracle I'm here. 

I mean, in reality, fridges are a very new idea. I remember my dad smashing up the pantry to make room for our first fridge.

We didn’t start buying bacon and sausages after we had the fridge. You just knew that if the bacon had some odd colours in it, you made sure you fried it crispy.

Fridge fannies, that’s what people are today. Fridge fannies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I mean, in reality, fridges are a very new idea. I remember my dad smashing up the pantry to make room for our first fridge.

We didn’t start buying bacon and sausages after we had the fridge. You just knew that if the bacon had some odd colours in it, you made sure you fried it crispy.

Fridge fannies, that’s what people are today. Fridge fannies.

My kids took their packed lunches to school in insulted bags with little freezer pouches in them lest they catch food poisoning 😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My kids took their packed lunches to school in insulted bags with little freezer pouches in them lest they catch food poisoning 😂😂

Did you have to swear at the bags yourself, or had someone in Waitrose pre dissed them?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Did you have to swear at the bags yourself, or had someone in Waitrose pre dissed them?

Waitrose? Pffft. We employ a small Filipino boy we employ purely to insult bags and other everyday household objects. 

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

I want this job, I would excel at it

I don't think insulting them with a bit of Microsoft spreadsheet software is going to do the job right to be honest with you. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I don't think insulting them with a bit of Microsoft spreadsheet software is going to do the job right to be honest with you. 

The spreadsheet merely holds all my swearing options and the distribution and frequency of my swearing

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Aaaaaaannnnnddddd he died.

:(

Cardiac arrest as a result of his new valve putting too much pressure on his other, leaky valves.

R.I.P grandad x

Aww man, sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you and your family good sir. My uncle passed away a few days ago, 77, absolute top bloke. No good time for it to happen but somehow it hits harder this time of year. All the best chap. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Aww man, sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you and your family good sir. My uncle passed away a few days ago, 77, absolute top bloke. No good time for it to happen but somehow it hits harder this time of year. All the best chap. 

Sorry for your loss buddy :( 

• Thanks 1

Â