Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Just thought it was a staff application only.

It is. Did you know of its existence before today?

There's absolutely no point in password protecting something like train times, why would they password protect that?

What time is the train coming in from London? can't tell you. it's a secret

Just now, bickster said:

It is. Did you know of its existence before today?

There's absolutely no point in password protecting something like train times, why would they password protect that?

What time is the train coming in from London? can't tell you. it's a secret

Well they do bull**** an awful lot.

On 19/12/2021 at 13:12, bickster said:

Having the ability to know all the train information when I’m picking someone up from the station. This is what the staff see, thanks a very good friend I have it on my phone. Leaves out all the guesswork

DCEF9317-34B2-4083-8712-BAF182BE8649.png

Having spent years commuting by train around the Midlands.  These 2 things were very useful

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/

https://traksy.uk/live

All from opensource information

But that is one is a very useful addition.

Edited by lammy123
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

A snippet of a text conversation with my Dad

Dad: Where did you have your booster?

Me: My arm

Dad: Dickhead

:D 

So it's not just us, then.

:trollface:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Whenever I need lime juice, e.g., for a cocktail, I can just go out our back door and pick a lime.  One of the things that would make me reluctant to move out of California when the wife and I retire.

I’d love to visit California. Don’t think I’d want to leave. I’ve got this image in my head how it would be. It’s been a dream since I was a child . Hopefully one day I’m able to get out there .

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’d love to visit California. Don’t think I’d want to leave. I’ve got this image in my head how it would be. It’s been a dream since I was a child . Hopefully one day I’m able to get out there .

I hope you get a chance to get here some day, though I hope you don’t end up disappointed if you do.  There are a lot of great things about this place to be sure, but we’ve definitely got our problems as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

I hope you get a chance to get here some day, though I hope you don’t end up disappointed if you do.  There are a lot of great things about this place to be sure, but we’ve definitely got our problems as well.

Oh yes, was only talking to my wife yesterday about America . Both of us from kids had a fascination with the place that still remains today. My wife has been twice, although only to the east coast . We was on about the so called American dream , and how it doesn’t exist for a lot of people because of all the problems over there , whether it be the political problems, weather, or whatever else which is causing havoc.  No place like it though, I’d imagine . 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I don't sleep much but after a while my body says it has to have a good sleep. It happened last night. 10pm till 6am, anight of uninterrupted sleep. It's been a long time coming. 

I get one of those about once a month. It's overdue. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Anywhere between 3 and 5 for me. If I wake that's pretty much it. 5 is the most acceptable time. Anything after 5 is noteworthy in this house. 

5 earliest for me and that’s rare I’m up that early . I need 10-20 mins lay in bed before I get up. Usually awake from 5-5.45 then get up once I’m proper awake. Even lay in bed later than 7 makes me depressed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I rarely have a problem getting to sleep but I’ll never make it through the night without getting up for a pee.  A bladder that week at my age doesn’t bode well.

I’m the same now mate . The odd occasion I’ll sleep through without one. Our bathroom is downstairs, too. I could probably hold it, but it’s routine now. 

Â