Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Surprised it didn't go through the floor!

Mine is, (KW at ready) a definite two hander to pick up! 

The more I think about it, the more I realise - with a cold shudder - how bad it could have been. It was on a high (6 ft) shelf, and the kid (18 month old toddler) grabbed the cord and pulled. It missed her head by a whisker. Suffice to say it's since been put in a safer place. 

I went to The Lamb with my lad last night to watch Tamworth at home to Coalville, REALLY enjoyed the evening.

Parked at the ground for £2. The game was great, full bloodied, high tempo (finished 1-1). Good atmosphere. Beer, burger, a penalty, a red card, no play acting. What more do you want?
We even bumped into a really good mate of mine who was with his son who is a good mate of my sons. 
I’ll be going back for the game on Saturday.

• Like 1

I've spent a couple of free hours just doing lots of small jobs around the house that have been slightly irritating me for ages, just touching up a bit of paintwork here and there, tidying the edges of some carpet, changing some bulbs that don't match, that sort of thing.  Some of it had been annoying me since I moved into this house 6 years ago :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've spent a couple of free hours just doing lots of small jobs around the house that have been slightly irritating me for ages, just touching up a bit of paintwork here and there, tidying the edges of some carpet, changing some bulbs that don't match, that sort of thing.  Some of it had been annoying me since I moved into this house 6 years ago :D 

"I told you I'd do it. You didn't need to remind me every single year".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

"I told you I'd do it. You didn't need to remind me every single year".

I’ve been promising to finish painting the bathroom for the last 3 years. I’ve managed to keep it going this long and we’re moving at the end of September so I’ll do it in the last week for maximum carnage. 

Just now, Ingram85 said:

I’ve been promising to finish painting the bathroom for the last 3 years. I’ve managed to keep it going this long and we’re moving at the end of September so I’ll do it in the last week for maximum carnage. 

You'd take on an unnecessary painting job just to piss off the Mrs. ?  :lol:

4 hours ago, BOF said:

You'd take on an unnecessary painting job just to piss off the Mrs. ?  :lol:

I’m not above admitting that I’m a petty man occasionally. So yes.

It’s not that I’m lazy or don’t want to do it, I’ve done a lot in the house but I worked out quickly that if you move too quick on a job there’s a load more jobs that come afterwards. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I worked out quickly that if you move to quick on a job there’s a load more jobs that come afterwards. 

Absolutely this, especially decorating which is contagious. 

Just now, Genie said:
5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I worked out quickly that if you move to quick on a job there’s a load more jobs that come afterwards. 

Absolutely this, especially decorating which is contagious. 

In fact, if he'd painted it 3 years ago it'd probably be due another coat.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I’ve also been stalling on a shoe rack/cupboard thing she wants in the hallway for the last 12 months. I purposefully looked for a cupboard/storage in the porch area of the new house. 

I must point out that I love my partner, she’s great and I only intentionally annoy her in a retaliatory manner.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Grubby paintwork really does my head in.  I’m always telling the kids to get their hands off the walls . My lads mate has just come into our living room and he’s stood there with one hand on the wall. Through gritted teeth I said come on let’s go outside and play footy. As for doing painting, I hate it. It doesn’t help that I’m colourblind. 

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

If he’d have painted it 3 years ago, he’d have then needed to do the landing, hall, kitchen, spare bedroom. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If he’d have painted it 3 years ago, he’d have then needed to do the landing, hall, kitchen, spare bedroom. 

Exactly. I did paint the step sons bedroom last year as well as he asked me to do it. She was pleased and annoyed simultaneously. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

You appear to be lost!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I went to The Lamb with my lad last night to watch Tamworth at home to Coalville, REALLY enjoyed the evening.

Parked at the ground for £2. The game was great, full bloodied, high tempo (finished 1-1). Good atmosphere. Beer, burger, a penalty, a red card, no play acting. What more do you want?
We even bumped into a really good mate of mine who was with his son who is a good mate of my sons. 
I’ll be going back for the game on Saturday.

Can't beat a bit of non league. Been to a fair few towns that I wouldn't have seen due to it! I find it fascinating. Not just the football, the fan watching and the unexpected delight or horror that the nondescript town centre may provide. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I bought my house new 3.5 years ago. Few things starting to look a little bit scruffy now, I might sell up and buy another new house :lol: 

Thats my defence for not unpacking my spare room when I moved in 8 years ago. No point now, probably move in the next 12 months! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Can't beat a bit of non league. Been to a fair few towns that I wouldn't have seen due to it! I find it fascinating. Not just the football, the fan watching and the unexpected delight or horror that the nondescript town centre may provide. 

That family party I was doing a mini-gig at, last weekend (see Rogues' Gallery), was at Farsley Celtic FC. The men's team had played away (and won) the previous day, but the women's team had a home game, so I went out and watched it for a while. Moderately entertaining, and some of the outfield players were reasonably skilful, but my god, the goalkeeping was unbelievably bad. 

Â