Jump to content

Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"


Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Finally feeling that I don't have to lose any more weight. Indeed, getting to the point where I get on the scales and don't want to weigh less than last week.

Since last May, I have lost 58kg. I can get in to clothes that I wore when I was 16. It's **** weird.

Well done snake hips! Thats some going. 

Whats the secret? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Finally feeling that I don't have to lose any more weight. Indeed, getting to the point where I get on the scales and don't want to weigh less than last week.

Since last May, I have lost 58kg. I can get in to clothes that I wore when I was 16. It's **** weird.

Wowsers , good work but turn the webcam off next time you try on what you were wearing at 16 

crossdressing tv land GIF by #Impastor

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Seriously?

Main meals at lunchtime and not eating anything after 7pm. Along with walking 3 or 4 miles a day or more.

Well done feller. Although (apart from the very occasional restaurant meal) it would never occur to me to eat after 7 pm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Seriously?

Main meals at lunchtime and not eating anything after 7pm. Along with walking 3 or 4 miles a day or more.

When lock down was on I was walking about 6 miles a day or more ... problem is Mcvities picked that time to launch the Bakewell tart flavour digestives and I was scoffing about 2 packets a day

i might try your method next time :) 

thats good willpower you’ve got there 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, tonyh29 said:

When lock down was on I was walking about 6 miles a day or more ... problem is Mcvities picked that time to launch the Bakewell tart flavour digestives and I was scoffing about 2 packets a day

i might try your method next time :) 

thats good willpower you’ve got there 

It's interesting, Tony. I think my willpower is zilch. I just happened in to a groove that worked.

I think the not eating after 7pm was absolutely huge! I also cut out crisps, though, sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What? Why didn't I know about this? 

Is it a 'down south only' thing? 

They were in Sainsbury’s they had a Marmalade flavour and a strawberry and cream flavour as well ... bakewell was the clear winner imo

not sure if you can still buy them , all I’m seeing now is the Christmas pudding and the Gingerbread variations .. the gingerbread version are superb ( cue @bickster )

9F852AA8-BF2D-42F7-940B-548D6B12A169.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

They were in Sainsbury’s they had a Marmalade flavour and a strawberry and cream flavour as well ... bakewell was the clear winner imo

not sure if you can still buy them , all I’m seeing now is the Christmas pudding and the Gingerbread variations .. the gingerbread version are superb ( cue @bickster )

9F852AA8-BF2D-42F7-940B-548D6B12A169.jpeg

Amazon seem to sell them.

£1.50 a pack 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Amazon seem to sell them.

£1.50 a pack 

I'm not buying biscuits from Amazon. And Sainsburys is a bit of a drive. So, I'll have to give them a miss, unless Morrisons get them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
Just now, mjmooney said:

I'm not buying biscuits from Amazon. And Sainsburys is a bit of a drive. So, I'll have to give them a miss, unless Morrisons get them. 

I could be wrong but I think that possibly Amazon Fresh is Morrison’s. 
Worth a look if you want to get some food delivered and all the slots are gone at the usual supermarkets.

6-BAFE903-9-C7-F-43-C6-B8-CC-3-A5061-AD4

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Finally feeling that I don't have to lose any more weight. Indeed, getting to the point where I get on the scales and don't want to weigh less than last week.

Since last May, I have lost 58kg. I can get in to clothes that I wore when I was 16. It's **** weird.

That's **** ace Darren. Nice one 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

They were in Sainsbury’s they had a Marmalade flavour and a strawberry and cream flavour as well ... bakewell was the clear winner imo

not sure if you can still buy them , all I’m seeing now is the Christmas pudding and the Gingerbread variations .. the gingerbread version are superb ( cue @bickster )

9F852AA8-BF2D-42F7-940B-548D6B12A169.jpeg

Caramel is clearly the best

The whole range is currently 2 for £2 in Waitrose

Biscuits that taste like other biscuits are silly, biscuits that taste like cake, maybe the right side of the silly line, just

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Keep at it. Sometimes, it clicks. I'd tried god knows how many times before.

It helps if you've got The Malverns a short walk from your front door, though!

 

What's your secret?

If it involves no vodka, I'm out ;)

But seriously...how dya do it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
9 hours ago, snowychap said:

No Vodka, Rob. :D

No chocolate, no 'snacks' (no crisps), reduced carbs, main food earlier in the day, lots of walking.

It wasn't easy but it wasn't as difficult as I'd imagined..

Love yourself a bit. Just give yourself a pat on the back once in a while, too.

What about curries, the after effects of which could launch satellites the next day?

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â