Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Finally feeling that I don't have to lose any more weight. Indeed, getting to the point where I get on the scales and don't want to weigh less than last week.

Since last May, I have lost 58kg. I can get in to clothes that I wore when I was 16. It's **** weird.

That's **** ace Darren. Nice one 🙂

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

They were in Sainsbury’s they had a Marmalade flavour and a strawberry and cream flavour as well ... bakewell was the clear winner imo

not sure if you can still buy them , all I’m seeing now is the Christmas pudding and the Gingerbread variations .. the gingerbread version are superb ( cue @bickster )

9F852AA8-BF2D-42F7-940B-548D6B12A169.jpeg

Caramel is clearly the best

The whole range is currently 2 for £2 in Waitrose

Biscuits that taste like other biscuits are silly, biscuits that taste like cake, maybe the right side of the silly line, just

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Keep at it. Sometimes, it clicks. I'd tried god knows how many times before.

It helps if you've got The Malverns a short walk from your front door, though!

What's your secret?

If it involves no vodka, I'm out ;)

But seriously...how dya do it?

9 hours ago, snowychap said:

No Vodka, Rob. :D

No chocolate, no 'snacks' (no crisps), reduced carbs, main food earlier in the day, lots of walking.

It wasn't easy but it wasn't as difficult as I'd imagined..

Love yourself a bit. Just give yourself a pat on the back once in a while, too.

What about curries, the after effects of which could launch satellites the next day?

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well done feller. Although (apart from the very occasional restaurant meal) it would never occur to me to eat after 7 pm. 

Yeah, I don't get in til 7ish so got no choice, apart from weekends.

It's a bit of a pain but even the wife doesn't get in til after 6.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

What about curries, the after effects of which could launch satellites the next day?

I'm down to about one curry per week now, which isn't too bad.

And they don't affect my innards in the slightest (probably not got much left)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bickster said:

Caramel is clearly the best

The whole range is currently 2 for £2 in Waitrose

Biscuits that taste like other biscuits are silly, biscuits that taste like cake, maybe the right side of the silly line, just

I can tolerate that you drink warm flat beer but saying carmel biscuits are the best  , well you sir have just moved up 10 places on the list

t list GIF

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

@tonyh29These are actually the best... Mug of hot coffee, balance one of these babies on top of the mug and wait until it goes soft. Oh yes indeed!

41AiZh4pNBL._AC_.jpg

I did a survey on them last year , had to head to head them against 3 competitors for a Dutch company ...somehow I over purchased about 40 packets :)  , I can confirm they are indeed the nuts ,  quick blast in the microwave as I'm not really a  coffee drinker to balance them on top of the cup

they aren't biscuits however   :P

Edited by tonyh29

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I did a survey on them last year , had to head to head them against 3 competitors for a Dutch company ...somehow I over purchased about 40 packets :)  , I can confirm they are indeed the nuts ,  quick blast in the microwave as I'm not really a  coffee drinker to balance them on top of the cup

they aren't biscuits however   :P

In my world they are, though if someone would like to reclassify them as cakes, I'll be delighted

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

My Nanna's 100th birthday today, we thought we weren't going to be able to see her but at the last minute her carers put up a big screen and said we could come along and talk through it to her.  Made such a difference to the day, we are still doing a Zoom chat later for the others that couldn't come, I'm not sure how she will cope with that!  She's got such a great spirit bless her.

That's incredible, good on her. Happy 100th Nanna Sharky!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

My Nanna's 100th birthday today, we thought we weren't going to be able to see her but at the last minute her carers put up a big screen and said we could come along and talk through it to her.  Made such a difference to the day, we are still doing a Zoom chat later for the others that couldn't come, I'm not sure how she will cope with that!  She's got such a great spirit bless her.

Here's to 200!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I started reading it thinking I was in the joke thread. Congratulations to grandma shark (do do dodo dodo)

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Here's to 200!

Well it probably won't be Sharky's nan, but the rate of increase in lifespans suggests that the first human to live to 150 or more has already been born. 

Â