Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

• VT Supporter
On 24/10/2020 at 06:01, chrisp65 said:

50523616066_70059c00aa_n.jpg

A proper ‘social’ day. It felt like everyone was out and about having a walk. Met people I haven’t seen in months. Funniest 4 or 5 miles ever, it took hours!

But this is me in a castle, hiding from someone I didn’t want to say hello to.

Absolutely pissing it down.

Someone  from your group chat?

• Like 1

my boss is in a bit of shit and he's fishing for someone to throw under the bus to deflect it from him, he told me this morning that's he's lining up an Iranian guy in my office for a really shitty 4.59pm click send and walk out the door email this afternoon to give him something to do over the weekend, I hate that kind of thing so I phoned up the Iranian guy and told him to prepare his answer now

he threw out "in my country we have a saying, if you know you are going to get raped then you might as well try a find a way to enjoy it"

that saying isn't exactly dispelling many of the things said about Iran

• Haha 2
  • VT Supporter
11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my boss is in a bit of shit and he's fishing for someone to throw under the bus to deflect it from him, he told me this morning that's he's lining up an Iranian guy in my office for a really shitty 4.59pm click send and walk out the door email this afternoon to give him something to do over the weekend, I hate that kind of thing so I phoned up the Iranian guy and told him to prepare his answer now

he threw out "in my country we have a saying, if you know you are going to get raped then you might as well try a find a way to enjoy it"

Apologies, would you mind clarifying for me which part of this story cheered you up?

• VT Supporter
46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Screenshot_20201030_122644_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1
On 25/10/2020 at 17:03, Brumstopdogs said:

A lot of VT'ers here...

@dont_do_it_doug. @ 1:49

@villarule123 @ 2:04

@bickster @ 2:36

@NurembergVillan @ 3:50

@terrytini @ 4:00

And some famous faces

Birkir Bjarnason @ 1:38

Henri Lansbury @ 2:37

Les Dennis @ 4:36

Nadine Dorries @ 4:55

Prince Andrew @ 4:59

Gianfranco Zola @ 5:08

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

A lot of VT'ers here...

@dont_do_it_doug. @ 1:49

@villarule123 @ 2:04

@bickster @ 2:36

@NurembergVillan @ 3:50

@terrytini @ 4:00

And some famous faces

Birkir Bjarnason @ 1:38

Henri Lansbury @ 2:37

Les Dennis @ 4:36

Nadine Dorries @ 4:55

Prince Andrew @ 4:59

Gianfranco Zola @ 5:08

Gone. Copyright takedown?

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Was going to post this in the racism thread, but on reflection it belongs here. My five year old granddaughter - completely unprompted - made a placard. Her spelling may leave a little to be desired, but her heart is in the right place. 

Screenshot_20201029_210017_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Perfect career as a Doctor beckons with that writing :)

• Haha 1

• VT Supporter
1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Do you ever get used to living with that on your doorstep? 

Hijacking this but I lived on Aberystwyth seafront for three years and whether it was sunny, raining or gale force winds it was wonderful. I still think about it today.

I will retire to the sea one day.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Do you ever get used to living with that on your doorstep? 

It’s a genuine freekin’ blessing every god damn day.

The sound of the waves today, crashing on the pebbles and dragging them around, just the best.

I see a fair few towns because of my job. The more places I see, the more I’m grateful for living here.

For example, I’ve been to Luton this week, and West Drayton, Bromsgrove, Harrow, and Heathrow. I can’t say I bothered looking at house prices.

• Like 4

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â