Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Buying a 48 case of Vocation ales online, that work out at £1.35 per can.

Now I just have to NOT drink any before Christmas...

I see a massive issue with your plan

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Finally feeling that I don't have to lose any more weight. Indeed, getting to the point where I get on the scales and don't want to weigh less than last week.

Since last May, I have lost 58kg. I can get in to clothes that I wore when I was 16. It's **** weird.

Good work fella. Snowy in Lionel Blair’s and double denim is an interesting look 🤓

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Good work fella. Snowy in Lionel Blair’s and double denim is an interesting look 🤓

That wasn't what I was wearing when I was 16. ;)

Edit: Tbh, the only thing from that time that I didn't throw away was an old cricket jumper. I tried it on the other day and it fitted (was a bit big).

Edited by snowychap

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Finally feeling that I don't have to lose any more weight. Indeed, getting to the point where I get on the scales and don't want to weigh less than last week.

Since last May, I have lost 58kg. I can get in to clothes that I wore when I was 16. It's **** weird.

Well done, snowy. 
I’m on a similar mission myself. Lost nearly three stone last year when I got sick and the last nine months has seen a good chunk of it go back on. I’m nearly a stone down since starting to actively lose weight again in the last month or so. Already feeling much better for it. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, snowychap said:

**** hell! 

I was super chuffed with my long term / non-dieting 21kg’s. You must be positively orgasmic about 58kg.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

Well done, snowy. 
I’m on a similar mission myself. Lost nearly three stone last year when I got sick and the last nine months has seen a good chunk of it go back on. I’m nearly a stone down since starting to actively lose weight again in the last month or so. Already feeling much better for it. 

Keep at it. Sometimes, it clicks. I'd tried god knows how many times before.

It helps if you've got The Malverns a short walk from your front door, though!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Well done snake hips! Thats some going. 

Whats the secret? 

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Wowsers , good work but turn the webcam off next time you try on what you were wearing at 16 

crossdressing tv land GIF by #Impastor

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Seriously?

Main meals at lunchtime and not eating anything after 7pm. Along with walking 3 or 4 miles a day or more.

Well done feller. Although (apart from the very occasional restaurant meal) it would never occur to me to eat after 7 pm. 

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Seriously?

Main meals at lunchtime and not eating anything after 7pm. Along with walking 3 or 4 miles a day or more.

When lock down was on I was walking about 6 miles a day or more ... problem is Mcvities picked that time to launch the Bakewell tart flavour digestives and I was scoffing about 2 packets a day

i might try your method next time :) 

thats good willpower you’ve got there 

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

When lock down was on I was walking about 6 miles a day or more ... problem is Mcvities picked that time to launch the Bakewell tart flavour digestives and I was scoffing about 2 packets a day

i might try your method next time :) 

thats good willpower you’ve got there 

It's interesting, Tony. I think my willpower is zilch. I just happened in to a groove that worked.

I think the not eating after 7pm was absolutely huge! I also cut out crisps, though, sorry.

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What? Why didn't I know about this? 

Is it a 'down south only' thing? 

They were in Sainsbury’s they had a Marmalade flavour and a strawberry and cream flavour as well ... bakewell was the clear winner imo

not sure if you can still buy them , all I’m seeing now is the Christmas pudding and the Gingerbread variations .. the gingerbread version are superb ( cue @bickster )

9F852AA8-BF2D-42F7-940B-548D6B12A169.jpeg

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

They were in Sainsbury’s they had a Marmalade flavour and a strawberry and cream flavour as well ... bakewell was the clear winner imo

not sure if you can still buy them , all I’m seeing now is the Christmas pudding and the Gingerbread variations .. the gingerbread version are superb ( cue @bickster )

9F852AA8-BF2D-42F7-940B-548D6B12A169.jpeg

Amazon seem to sell them.

£1.50 a pack 

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Amazon seem to sell them.

£1.50 a pack 

I'm not buying biscuits from Amazon. And Sainsburys is a bit of a drive. So, I'll have to give them a miss, unless Morrisons get them. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I'm not buying biscuits from Amazon. And Sainsburys is a bit of a drive. So, I'll have to give them a miss, unless Morrisons get them. 

I could be wrong but I think that possibly Amazon Fresh is Morrison’s. 
Worth a look if you want to get some food delivered and all the slots are gone at the usual supermarkets.

6-BAFE903-9-C7-F-43-C6-B8-CC-3-A5061-AD4

• Thanks 1

Â