Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

• VT Supporter

I finally got round to doing my Irish Passport application and was very excited to see it being delivered... only to realise it was just them sending it back telling me they're not accepting physical applications at the moment because of covid 

But it cheers me up that I'll have it soon!

• Like 1
On 14/11/2020 at 17:52, Mark Albrighton said:

Definitely one for either the boring thread or the pointless trivia thread, however as we’re here.... I recently found out that the bloke on the left in this scene from the classic Columbo episode “Etude in Black” is the reason Michael J. Fox has the initial J in his name (equity rules).

Also equally trivial, Michael J. Fox’s full name is Michael Andrew Fox.

5CCDEF66-2E16-42FC-81F8-B40271CC2998.jpeg

Definitely pointless trivia and therefore right up my street :D:thumb:

• Thanks 1

I have an Irish surname but don't qualify for an Irish passport. Neither does my sister although her daughter and husband do so she's gonna have fun at airports. Her and also my only hope is Scotland joining the EU as all of us (except then hilariously my own mother) would qualify for a Scottish passport 

4 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

I have an Irish surname but don't qualify for an Irish passport. Neither does my sister although her daughter and husband do so she's gonna have fun at airports. Her and also my only hope is Scotland joining the EU as all of us (except then hilariously my own mother) would qualify for a Scottish passport 

Wales for me but that seems some way off yet

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I finally got round to doing my Irish Passport application and was very excited to see it being delivered... only to realise it was just them sending it back telling me they're not accepting physical applications at the moment because of covid 

But it cheers me up that I'll have it soon!

I'll get round to doing mine one day. My brother did his not long after the vote.

• VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

My surname sounds Irish, is this basis for getting hold of an Irish passport?

Serious answer: if either of your parents were born in Ireland then you are automatically an Irish citizen. So applying for a passport is just the usual process plus including documents that prove your citizneship (Mother's birth certificate, marriage certificate and your own birth certificate)

If only your grandparents were born in Ireland then you aren't automatically an Irish citizen. But you are eligible for citizenship. So you have to apply for that first and THEN apply for your passport

Non-serious answer: yes, if your name is Cascarino

• Like 1

• VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Serious answer: if either of your parents were born in Ireland then you are automatically an Irish citizen. So applying for a passport is just the usual process plus including documents that prove your citizneship (Mother's birth certificate, marriage certificate and your own birth certificate)

If only your grandparents were born in Ireland then you aren't automatically an Irish citizen. But you are eligible for citizenship. So you have to apply for that first and THEN apply for your passport

Non-serious answer: yes, if your name is Cascarino

I assume spouses don't qualify? My wife has no Irish connections other than being married to me (Irish father). 

As a curious fact, my Dad was born in Dublin as a British citizen, as it was before Irish independence. 

• VT Supporter
27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I assume spouses don't qualify? My wife has no Irish connections other than being married to me (Irish father). 

Nope. you can apply for citizenship through naturalisation if you're married to an Irish citizen and I think the requirements are more favourable... but those requirements include having lived in Ireland for a certain period of time.

• VT Supporter
On 10/11/2020 at 21:18, snowychap said:

Seriously?

Main meals at lunchtime and not eating anything after 7pm. Along with walking 3 or 4 miles a day or more.

Question I forgot to ask when I read this, does your cock look bigger/longer now. I am sure it said on a diet programme years ago that more of it is covered up by excess weight and the result is as such after significant weight loss 

Edited by Follyfoot

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â