Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Serious answer: if either of your parents were born in Ireland then you are automatically an Irish citizen. So applying for a passport is just the usual process plus including documents that prove your citizneship (Mother's birth certificate, marriage certificate and your own birth certificate)

If only your grandparents were born in Ireland then you aren't automatically an Irish citizen. But you are eligible for citizenship. So you have to apply for that first and THEN apply for your passport

Non-serious answer: yes, if your name is Cascarino

I assume spouses don't qualify? My wife has no Irish connections other than being married to me (Irish father). 

As a curious fact, my Dad was born in Dublin as a British citizen, as it was before Irish independence. 

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I assume spouses don't qualify? My wife has no Irish connections other than being married to me (Irish father). 

Nope. you can apply for citizenship through naturalisation if you're married to an Irish citizen and I think the requirements are more favourable... but those requirements include having lived in Ireland for a certain period of time.

On 10/11/2020 at 21:18, snowychap said:

Seriously?

Main meals at lunchtime and not eating anything after 7pm. Along with walking 3 or 4 miles a day or more.

Question I forgot to ask when I read this, does your cock look bigger/longer now. I am sure it said on a diet programme years ago that more of it is covered up by excess weight and the result is as such after significant weight loss 

Edited by Follyfoot

Yeah residency is part of the citizenship thing I'm fairly certain. My sister won't qualify for the passport but my niece does. No Irish-green card for marrying into it unless you're living in Ireland! My brother-in-law has an Irish and British passport but has only ever lived in England. 

Scottish EU membership is my only chance of a route back to an EU passport and as Bicks said some way off I'd expect from a personal convenience. Unfortunately my Irish ancestors came over on the boat in the 19th century 

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm sure I can claim a French passport as I must have a Norman bloodline following 1066. 

I did one of those DNA test things during lockdown. 99.9% British and Irish (No Irish) 0.1% Coptic Egyptian.

Welsh Independence and them joining the EU is my only hope

Â