Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

ICQreth.jpg

First it's poshos, then it's "rugger" and references I don't understand.

I is all confused. Need to lie down. Sleep. Monsters be abroad.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

A supermarket with a "World Food" section will usually have white pudding in the Irish bit. But that might be region specific (depending if there's a large Irish community)

I've bought White Pudding in Morrisons, M&S and Tesco in Birmingham before.

Tesco at fox and goose in Stechford had a decent irish section in the world food aisle but not so much now. Now I have to go to asda at minworth to get my Barry's tea bags or tayto crisps....

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I can honestly say I’d not heard of “Booths” supermarket until two posts ago.

It is the northern equivalent of Londis ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Even I who finds international football generally boring had to laugh at Germany’s demise

Then I opened my World Cup envelope at work and discovered I had Panama. Here’s hoping Tunisia put a shed load of goals past them so I get the worst team prize

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Even I who finds international football generally boring had to laugh at Germany’s demise

Then I opened my World Cup envelope at work and discovered I had Panama. Here’s hoping Tunisia put a shed load of goals past them so I get the worst team prize

I had to laugh last week when the OH came in from work. They'd done their sweepstake a bit late.

"I drew Saudi Arabia in the sweepstake... are they good?"

"They literally got knocked out about 5 minutes ago" :D 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

"I drew Saudi Arabia in the sweepstake... are they good?"

That got me thinking.  Is there any sport in the world where drawing Saudi Arabia would be good in a sweepstake, assuming there isn't a human rights abuses cup?  Quick google suggests perhaps taekwondo.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

That got me thinking.  Is there any sport in the world where drawing Saudi Arabia would be good in a sweepstake, assuming there isn't a human rights abuses cup?  Quick google suggests perhaps taekwondo.

I imagine not.

She was still gutted. Bless her.

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

Is "Do as you're told woman!" a sport?

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, BOF said:

Swordfighting?

Â