Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The birds that visit our garden to feed cheer me up, especially when a new type appears.

This week we have had Siskins, never ever seen one before.

They’re used to loads visit and nest in the back yard, here, but the last year or two hardly any. An occasional sparrow or goldfinch, a pigeon or two. I really miss them. I dunno if it’s bird flu, other gardens with better feeders and bird boxes or what. Come back, birds.

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

They’re used to loads visit and nest in the back yard, here, but the last year or two hardly any. An occasional sparrow or goldfinch, a pigeon or two. I really miss them. I dunno if it’s bird flu, other gardens with better feeders and bird boxes or what. Come back, birds.

I find black sunflower seed is like a bird magnet. They go absolutely nuts, will empty the feeder in a few days. 

Even seen woodpeckers on it. 

I've noticed strange things though. They pretty much will ignore fat balls (KW) and peanuts in feeders but put them on a bird table and they'll then take them.  Weird. Plus of course you will get the larger birds that can't get on the feeder. 

Suet pellets are also a big attraction on the bird table. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Mine too.  Until recently and a pandemic clear out I still had some.

Mine are all long gone - as is the original Word file, sadly. Shame, feels like I've lost a priceless historical artifact... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

TIP: Birds don't like gravy unless they are dead

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I really enjoyed Iceland but thought the blue lagoon was a complete **** rip off. Total tourist trap and not worth the price of admission

We did Sky lagoon .. Probabaly the same thing in terms of tourist trap  , but it wasn't too crowded and the 4 of us really enjoyed it 

and you can have a beer in the water  whilst looking out onto the harbour , don't know if they let you do that at Blue lagoon  ?

This weekend.

The return of F1, F2 (x2), F3 (x2) & Indycar plus a Saturday 3pm home kick off for Villa. As sports weekends go, there are few better. No other plans except a few beers in local. Absolute heaven. Might make a nice hot curry while I'm at it.

• Like 2

I'm sure our badge used to have a lion on it.

Ah just found out why. Fair play, I just assumed it was the usual incompetence from our SM team ;)

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm sure our badge used to have a lion on it.

Ah just found out why. Fair play, I just assumed it was the usual incompetence from our SM team ;)

Have they seen the light pollution in the cities? No way you'd be able to see a star like that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I know it’s on topic but this made me grin like a proper fanboy 

one of my all time favourite players.

I’m hoping there’s more content to come from his visit to Bodymoor Heath. 

Yeah, I was grinning like a loon when I was watching that 😁

• Like 1

The broadcaster of the Norwegian Eliteserie has decided to give all season ticket holders a £10 monthly discount on their TV package. 

TV football is still too bloody expensive, but I thought that was a nice gesture. 

26 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Just found out Ally McCoist had an affair with Patsy Kensit. How’s he done that

It's not like she has a history of going for good looking men

Bloke out of BAD that no-one remembers

Jim fecking Kerr

Noel Gallagher's brother

Jeremy Healy out of Hazi Fantasi (yeah I know he's a famous DJ these days but...)

Ryan Giggs

Killa Kela (Who?)

David Walliams

I am spotting a different trend though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's not like she has a history of going for good looking men

Bloke out of BAD that no-one remembers

Jim fecking Kerr

Noel Gallagher's brother

Jeremy Healy out of Hazi Fantasi (yeah I know he's a famous DJ these days but...)

Ryan Giggs

Killa Kela (Who?)

David Walliams

I am spotting a different trend though

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Just found out Ally McCoist had an affair with Patsy Kensit. How’s he done that

To be fair if her performance on Richard Osman's House of Games is anything to go by she's barely sentient. Probably thinks she's a munter and Ally McCoist is a coup for her. 

Â