Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

7 minutes ago, villaajax said:

Don't forget Bravo. Used to show ECW back in the day too.

Good for them. Not enough programmes about the English Civil War, imo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Still not a patch on the early days of Channel 4 though. That was the pinnacle. ;)

Always had fond mammaries of  live TV back in the day .. lot of it was filmed in Canary Wharf where I worked at the time so we'd quite often see them out filming in Cabot Square ... used to see Tiffani Bannister ( of Big City Tips fames) in the bar along with the woman who did the weather in Norwegian .. never bumped into the midget who used to present the weather on a trampoline though 

I think Tiffani Bannister died  a few years back :(

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I vaguely remember when Channel 5 was launched 1) the signal was really weak and 2) they had late night soft pr0n movies. 

I could barely get signal and was before we had Sky so couldn't watch it through that so had to try and tune it the best I could to watch our UEFA cup games with a very snowy picture.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Always had fond mammaries of  live TV back in the day .. lot of it was filmed in Canary Wharf where I worked at the time so we'd quite often see them out filming in Cabot Square ... used to see Tiffani Bannister ( of Big City Tips fames) in the bar along with the woman who did the weather in Norwegian .. never bumped into the midget who used to present the weather on a trampoline though 

I think Tiffani Bannister died  a few years back :(

Apparently she developed schizophrenia and eventually found dead on railway tracks near Kidderminster where she grew up. 🙁

A couple of weeks ago I sent off for a new passport, the next day it was in the news that the passport office are going on strike 1 April for a month. Great!, seeing as it said allow 10 weeks for it to be processed, it'll be months before I get it, I thought.

It arrived today. Apart from being black instead of red, everything's good.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

A couple of weeks ago I sent off for a new passport, the next day it was in the news that the passport office are going on strike 1 April for a month. Great!, seeing as it said allow 10 weeks for it to be processed, it'll be months before I get it, I thought.

It arrived today. Apart from being black instead of red, everything's good.

I had the same experience. Applied a couple of weeks ago. Took about a week. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, blandy said:

It arrived today. As its Great British black instead of unelected authoritarian European red, everything's good.

FTFY

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Having spent most of the last week going in and out of hospital with my son, I'm now logged off work and on holiday for the next 11 days and not back in work until 12/04.

Plenty of time to relax and distress and to take my son out and about to some fun places once he's 100% again.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

In about an hour me and the lad are off to that there London to watch The Mighty Villa do battle with those southern softies from Chelsea. 

Caaan we send you every week?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

In about an hour me and the lad are off to that there London to watch The Mighty Villa do battle with those southern softies from Chelsea. 

happy.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I would imagine around about now Sidcow jnr is phoning mum from Soho to say me and dad are getting matching tattoos.

Just showed this to the lad. 

hes-laughing-now-family-feud-canada.gif

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I would imagine around about now Sidcow jnr is phoning mum from Soho to say me and dad are getting matching tattoos.

Wife: Where’s your Dad?

Son: He’s just getting a massage and I’m waiting outside. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â