Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Banksy is one for the "things you don't get" thread for me.

An "unidentified" man sneaks round at night and doodles on your wall. But instead of people being annoyed and calling the police on our masked hero (like they would if it were you or me) his scribbles are worth a lot of money, so you're an idiot if you don't want the public and the press coming to see that political stencil you didn't ask for on the side of your house.

To be fair though, I think I could put all graffiti in the "things you don't get" thread.

Its the only art I like, the whole secrecy stuff I'm with you but I think the guys a genius

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Banksy is one for the "things you don't get" thread for me.

An "unidentified" man sneaks round at night and doodles on your wall. But instead of people being annoyed and calling the police on our masked hero (like they would if it were you or me) his scribbles are worth a lot of money, so you're an idiot if you don't want the public and the press coming to see that political stencil you didn't ask for on the side of your house.

To be fair though, I think I could put all graffiti in the "things you don't get" thread.

You could say this about any art form. 

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

How do you mean? Which bit of what I said?

Pam Ayres doesn’t creep about in peoples gardens reciting her poems.

The whole “anyone could do this” vibe

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Tory council removed the freezer that was a part of it.

The abandoned freezer in the next street has been there 6 weeks and the council don't care :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I have only just found out that, when she was in year ten at school, my daughter and her mates staged a walk-out in protest against the Bush/Blair Iraq war. 

When I was at school the whole school went on strike (probably was about 1978/979 so was pretty fashionable).

I went home for meals but when I was walking back to school I got a glimpse of the playground between some buildings.  I just saw lines and lines of kids marching in unison chanting something I couldn't quite make out.

Anyway, when I got there they were all marching in these lines chanting "We're on strike" over and over again.  Apparently they had been forced to sit on boy tables or girl tables at the dinner siting which was always just mixed.

Don't recall now how it ended and I don't recall boy/girl tables after that so I guess they won.  Was a really bizarre sight and sound though.  I'd love to know how it started and spread so quickly.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Don't recall now how it ended and I don't recall boy/girl tables after that so I guess they won.  Was a really bizarre sight and sound though.  I'd love to know how it started and spread so quickly.

I guess they turned the tables at the school

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I have only just found out that, when she was in year ten at school, my daughter and her mates staged a walk-out in protest against the Bush/Blair Iraq war. 

Did it work?

Â