Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Even you will have heard of them. Robert Palmer and Elkie Brookes in their band Vinegar Joe

I’ve heard of them both … but not vinegar Joe 

Didn’t recognise  Palmer though once you typed it , I can see his features quite clearly 

On 01/02/2023 at 18:46, Xela said:

I had a can of carabao green apple today. Very refreshing. 

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Should we know who those two people are ?

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Even you will have heard of them. Robert Palmer and Elkie Brooks in their band Vinegar Joe

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Elkie Brooks

Captain slow today .. couldn’t work out how we got from moose puns to that image and even when Bicks  told me who it was I was still a bit lost … but once you highlighted ELK in bold , I finally got it :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bickster said:

I presume they were better than their respective solo outputs?

They were pretty good as a live act, no desire to buy the records. Didn't mind Palmer's solo stuff (which has just been given the box set treatment) in small doses. 

Having to have a blood test that includes PSA, and the doc says no sex for 48 hours before. 

Thank **** that's over, longest two days of my life. 

😵

• Haha 2

The joy of finding a mad review. Looking for a new cordless drill, one of very few poor reviews gave 3 stars from 5. The reason? He’d bought it as a Christmas present for his son in law who needed a drill and kept on borrowing his, so whilst he bought it, he had to give a neutral 3/5 rating as he didn’t actually know what it was like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The joy of finding a mad review. Looking for a new cordless drill, one of very few poor reviews gave 3 stars from 5. The reason? He’d bought it as a Christmas present for his son in law who needed a drill and kept on borrowing his, so whilst he bought it, he had to give a neutral 3/5 rating as he didn’t actually know what it was like.

Some reviews prove some people are just strange. "Bought this drill as my old one was not powerful enough, this one has a much bogger motor and all the power I need 3/5. I would have give 5/5 but it's a little heavier than my old drill and makes my arm ache".  😂

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Reviews would be amongst my room 101 entries  

I posted it on here the other year about how I spent  an hour reading reviews on Amazon for socks before I pushed the button and bought some … then did the same again to buy some boxer shorts … 

go back to the good old days where you picked a pair of socks and then spent 59 mins 30 seconds  looking at the lingerie models in your  Freemans catalogue 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â