Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If you think arctic monkeys bang out the same shit I don't think you listen to the same arctic monkeys as me

And interestingly I think serge released his 1st solo project material about a week ago :lol:

I don't really listen to them but much of their early stuff just didn't do it and I never heard of them much after that.

Yeah I see he has and didn't realise this until now. Definately need to read that.

He has not left the band or broken up or taking a break to do their own things etc was what I should have said, an interesting side project and I am wrong.. maybe he does fancy a bit of solo.

Will be interesting to hear what a solo Serge does have to offer though.

It will be Kasabians 7th album release next year when that album comes out 

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is this the cheer you up thread or the bands you **** hate thread? 

:trollface:

Any chance to talk about how sh*t Muse are does cheer me up. 

• Haha 2

Kasabian related that did cheer me up was listening to liam gallagher I think on Chris Evans breakfast show (it's on YouTube) talking about how tom the lead singer from kasabian was absolutely off his tits at the as it was premiere 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And interestingly I think serge released his 1st solo project material about a week ago :lol: edit - single called favourites

Just gave 'Favourites' a listen and 'Nobody' else a listen too.

I'd stay focused on Kasabian, as those first two solo singles are not very good.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2019 at 08:37, Stevo985 said:

I found out yesterday that my OH thought a "black comedy" was a comedy with a mainly black cast :D 

My wife taught a group of South Korean businessmen the same thing in an English class, then bashfully checked whether she was right later... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Oasis fans reckon everyone likes Oasis. Seriously, people don't. They were just really bland and then they got blander as time went on the got even more bland.

6-AdRE.gif

I've reported you to the moderators for PFE sunshiiiiiiiine.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Oasis fans reckon everyone likes Oasis. Seriously, people don't. They were just really bland and then they got blander as time went on the got even more bland.

6-AdRE.gif

Reads the same as Liverpool fans... 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Ah bloody love me some Doves. A band so good I sat through Athlete for. And for those who've just been reminded about Athlete, I can only apologise profusely.

Oh man Athlete, they made the words bland and horseshit collide

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Oh man Athlete, they made the words bland and horseshit collide

First time I heard them, I assumed it was some sort of Mark and Lard-type pisstake of Coldplay. 

• Like 1

Oasis were good in their pomp. A decent Rock N Roll band too. Never caught on to Kasabian and then started to dislike them when they thought they were better than they were. Oasis way better. Muse were interesting, but something didn’t click for me. The Foo Fighters are a decent bunch, but way too radio rock for me. 

My nipper was busking with the samba band in town today.

Usual crowd of shoppers and toddlers enjoying it, then walking on. At one point three guys come around the corner, part of the sort of homeless / street life sort of crowd that you see around town. They've clearly had a drink, one still has a bottle in a coat pocket. The have a bit of a shout and a bit of a dance and draw a bit of attention to themselves.

But then, just to remind me once again never to judge, they pulled off the master stroke. As the kid is going round with the bucket all three of them found some coins. The one literally just emptied his wallet of small change in to the bucket.

Probably only two or three quid in total between them, all in 2p, 5p and 10p shrapnel. But fair play to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Oasis are Status Quo who learned how to play one more chord.

• Like 2

Â