Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Three genres in my sorting system: classical, jazz and (for want of a better word) pop - i.e. everything else: rock, blues, soul, reggae, country, folk, prog, whatever. 

Unless you have a diverse taste then it’s probably not worth while. Most of, if not all of my taste is based in Rock I’d say. 

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think I have Bob Marley & the Wailers under “M”. Although I suppose some would argue it should go under “B”.

Siouxsie & the Banshees would obviously go under “S” but say if it was Siouxsie Ballion & the Banshees, using my Bob Marley example, I don’t think it would look right going under “B” for Ballion.

W for Wailers for me, (original band name) though I’d be tempted to file under Lee Scratch Perry as the stuff I like is generally the L$P produced  stuff, its pretty much all I have and the reason I have it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tell people you didn’t have a stutter? 

63D85F60-1B65-4512-BEE5-DE60CBFAEC08.jpeg

Same problem with Talk Talk records as well. 

Such a shame. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Same problem with Talk Talk records as well. 

Such a shame. 

Not to mention Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs. 

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm presuming you don't have anything by The The.

Absolute cataloguing nightmare.

And putting a comma in reverses the Thes.

The, The.

How about "? and the Mysterians"? 

I remember reading an interview with them where they insisted that it should not be pronounced "Question Mark", but indicated by a puzzled facial expression (like, "huh?", but without actually saying it). The little scamps. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I remember reading an interview with them where they insisted that it should not be pronounced "Question Mark", but indicated by a puzzled facial expression (like, "huh?", but without actually saying it). The little scamps. 

PrinceSquiggle.gifsays hi from the grave

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Three genres in my sorting system: classical, jazz and (for want of a better word) pop - i.e. everything else: rock, blues, soul, reggae, country, folk, prog, whatever. 

Got bored of not finding anything.

So it's: newly acquired, boxes, series (Ultralounge, Mood Mosaic, Psychic Circle etc), soundtrack, SACD, classical, electronic, singles and then the rest.

It's worked alright actually.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

A bit like !!! then. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

A bit like !!! then. 

I seem to recall reading that their name was supposed to be pronounced 'chuk chuk chuk', so they must have been gutted when a political party of idiots ruined their name forever 

• Haha 1

Arrived at work today to be greeted with the news that I've got a driver off a spurious Private Parking Charge. Minor victories and all that but these twunts don't make it easy so even though in the grand scheme of things these things are minor it feels good.

• Like 1

Â