Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I found out yesterday that my OH thought a "black comedy" was a comedy with a mainly black cast :D 

My OH thought exactly the same thing! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, useless said:

Black comedy is sometimes used to refer to a comedy or a sitcom that has a black cast.

Is it? 

I've never heard it used in that way.

20 minutes ago, useless said:

That Americans for you. What can anyone do? 

Seriously, I think it may be time to embrace this change of usage. For centuries, 'black' has been synonymous with 'evil' (and 'white' with 'good') - which in the context of a multiracial society is uncomfortable, to say the least. Language changes. 

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:
29 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

News that Kasabian will be releasing their new album next year has cheered me up immensely.  

Yeah, at least it's not this year.  ;)

They're the ones so far up their own hole aren't they?  I think they're OK FWIW, but unless I'm mistaking them for some other band, they have delusions well beyond their station.

• Like 1

Well beyond. They argued for a couple of years they should headline Glastonbury based on nothing more than they deserve it. They make lumpen dad rock aimed at people who like Oasis but they believe they make intricate symphonic riddles that tax the mind. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

They make lumpen dad rock aimed at people who like Oasis but they believe they make intricate symphonic riddles that tax the mind. 

Perfect! 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That Americans for you. What can anyone do? 

Seriously, I think it may be time to embrace this change of usage. For centuries, 'black' has been synonymous with 'evil' (and 'white' with 'good') - which in the context of a multiracial society is uncomfortable, to say the least. Language changes. 

Was it Jeremy Hunt this week that stated we need to be whiter than white on islamophobia?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

They make lumpen dad rock aimed at people who like Oasis but they believe they make intricate symphonic riddles that tax the mind. 

well done applause GIF

That's them alright :thumb: You silver-tongued devil ;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Well beyond. They argued for a couple of years they should headline Glastonbury based on nothing more than they deserve it. They make lumpen dad rock aimed at people who like Oasis but they believe they make intricate symphonic riddles that tax the mind. 

See also: Muse. 

• Like 2

Â