Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? Tbf Carew wasn't exactly dancing around in front of Flappianski, the keeper could have gone right a bit rather than bob from side to side trying to see round a bloke about 12 yards away. It was a cracking strike.

Carew was blatantly interfering with play. He was right in the keeper's eyeline. If he wasn't there the keepr would have save it. Good strike all the same.

Things I learnt/were re-affirmed to me about Clark after seeing hiim yesterday;

- Comfortable on the ball

- Good touch and control

- Can flick the ball on well

- A presence in the box - not massively, but with some bulking up, hitting the weights in the summer, he could be

- He's got a shot on him

Taking these things into consideration; play him up top as the target man GH! I am afraid to say I've had enough of Carew

Hate how he scores 2 goals and after both the first thing the holte sings was 'we all hate blue scum' why sing bout them all game?! :s
i hate that shit,its so **** small time having to sing about such a small crap club instead of your own team..

Hate how he scores 2 goals and after both the first thing the holte sings was 'we all hate blue scum' why sing bout them all game?! :s
i hate that shit,its so **** small time having to sing about such a small crap club instead of your own team..
For reasons too painful and complex to explain, I went to the SHA/Fulham match yesterday and the scum fans spent the entire game singing "shit on the villa", so tribalism reigns in all parts of the city, so it seems.

This is the thing I don't understand. The lad is contracted to us for another 3 years. We are holding the all the cards regarding interest from other clubs. There is NO need for us to offer him another contract 1 1/2 months after offering him an improved one. Villa_insider speaks bullshit most of the time (IMO).

what bothers me about Clark.. is that hes a defender playing out of position.. obviously not his fault.

Houllier seems to force donkeys like Collins and Dunne to play it from the back.. this is Clarks strength and he seems to be a a good solid defender. We seem to be at our best when hes at CB starting our attacks.

Clark and Cuellar should get a run at CB and leave Ireland with Hogg at CM until Reo Coker/Petrov return.

Â