Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll never be a CM.

Would of said that about Barry when he broke through as a CB/LB.

Clark already has a couple of respectable displays in CM too.

I doubt he'll be a CM, he's not sharp enough

Thought he played well at LB 1st half, my MOTM for the 1st, but was a bit exposed 2nd half and seemed to tire and get into bad positions. Overall OK and I'd rather see him there than Warnock.

He's a class little player, and he'll fill the LB area got Ireland i'd say, i called todays formation early today. GH is looking at my posts.

That must be why he's done such a 'shit' job so far ;)

indeed mate :lol: ,i'd save Randy on wage's also.

I really like Clark. He has an adventure about him and he always looks dangerous in opposition half. Done well for penalty as well and I was a lot more confident him playing left back than Warnock

He's a class little player, and he'll fill the LB area got Ireland i'd say, i called todays formation early today. GH is looking at my posts.

Not the forum for it Fran, but I'd say Trapattoni will be delighted with that today. Solves a problem or two.

I really like Clark. He has an adventure about him and he always looks dangerous in opposition half. Done well for penalty as well and I was a lot more confident him playing left back than Warnock

Defnitely. A lot more confident of retaining possession when Clark is on the ball.

He's got something about him... I don't know what it is. Same thing Laursen had. It's like you don't notice him moving then all of a sudden hes into action and winning the ball.

I've been calling for Clark to play left back for a while. Having now seen it, I'm not sure he's mobile enough to take on tricky wingers but thought he did a really good job today. He gives us an extra big fella in both boxes as well and I like the fact that we had all four of our defenders up for corners. Decent layer and certainly no worse than Warnock at left back. Well done son.

Not the forum for it Fran, but I'd say Trapattoni will be delighted with that today. Solves a problem or two.

It sure does, please god he might push Kevin Kilbane out of the side. he looks a class player though, still very young but some of his passing from the back is quality..

I didn't see the game today so I've no idea how he played but will be watching it back tomorrow and watching him especially because I really like Clarke I think as theunderstudy says there is something about him. Its hard to put your finger on, hard to describe but there is a quiet efficiency and a underlying class in his game that for me sets him apart.

We've some excellent prospects in the young players but for me Clarke is the pick of the bunch, all I've seen of the game is his goal but I couldn't help but notice the composure he showed as he took his chance. That ball was in the air and coming to him for a long time but there was no nerves, no last minute hesitation or doubt he knew what he wanted to do and just did it.

In fact, just doing it kind of sums him up. It was the same against Arsenal, the same composure and that to me is the sign of a real talent when its in a defender of his age.

My one big hope with Clarke is that we are able to give him enough football to keep him happy and that he doesn't end up going the way of Cahill.

Does anybody know if he's only just signed up to a new contract, because if not i'd get him on a ten year. i think this lad is better than Cahill was at the same age.

Yes! Signed up to the same amount of time as the other boys 2013!

Â