Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got excellent prediction of the ball, and to be fair, he can hit a ball, it was a sweet goal he scored.

I'm not trying to be too negative or anything, I've been mightily impressed by Clark this season, but after seeing the replay that first goal was really down to Carew being in Fabianski's eye line which forced the keeper to lean to the wrong direction. The goal was not that well placed and had Carew not been there I'm pretty sure it would have been any easy save for Fabianski.

That said I thought we were outclassed by a very good side today and nobody really covered themselves in glory - thought Clark put in one of the better performances in the claret and blue today. He's clearly not afraid to get into the box and he also seems more than happy to drop back into the defensive line and make it more like 5 in the back when we're on the back foot. Kind of funny but it seems at the moment he's the most 2-way center mid we have

I like his calm and ability on the ball and he does love a tackle as well ...just a case now of what role do we develop him for (see Gareth Barry as an example )

I see him more as a Southgate than a Barry - he's a much more natural defender than midfielder. The fact that like both of those he's been able to hold his own in the other position says good things about him though.

I see him as such a classy player with the ball at his feet. You always see the top teams play their way out of trouble like arsenal, able to pass it around for fun at the back. He fits right in there and has good distribution. I would play him with cuellar, both dunne and collins are not good enough. (i know cuellar is no nonsense but he is a quality defender and much better than collins and dunne)

I like his calm and ability on the ball and he does love a tackle as well ...just a case now of what role do we develop him for (see Gareth Barry as an example )

I see him more as a Southgate than a Barry - he's a much more natural defender than midfielder. The fact that like both of those he's been able to hold his own in the other position says good things about him though.

good shout with the Soutgate , probably Clark has a bit more skill though

i was thinking more about how Barry started as CB , went CM , then LM then briefly LB before finally moving to CB .. I think Clark has that versatility

Who cares? Tbf Carew wasn't exactly dancing around in front of Flappianski, the keeper could have gone right a bit rather than bob from side to side trying to see round a bloke about 12 yards away. It was a cracking strike.

Â