Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

He'll be a handy squad player in future. His versatility is his main strength. I can't see him reaching the level of standard I think we need to be a regular starter. He's not too dissimilar to John O'Shea at Man Utd.

I don't recall O'shite scoring a goal like Ciarans against Arsenal.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how you figure that one out Baz, he's looked top class in every game he's played (Newcastle excepted) and has chipped in with a few goals too! As far as I'm concerned, him and Albrighton are the standout players from the current crop of youth players, and the ones most likely to become quality top flight players in the future. The jury is still out on Lichaj, Bannan, Delfouneso etc.
I don't think he'll be good enough for LB or CM, he'd need to bulk up to play CB.

I think he could be a superb LB once he learns the position. He has the attributes to play there, just needs experience playing there. We don't know how often he has been playing that position in training, if he hasn't had much time playing there at all then he did a reasonably good job against Chelsea.

The lad is 19! He's a year older than me, I'm not bulky whatsoever, he's got time to bulk up a bit, he'll naturally fill out a bit!

He will be a quality centre half, and is quite comfortable on the ball and his distribution is pretty good, and will improve. He needs to builk up a bit, but he is young and people get the 'man strength' at different times.

He's very composed on the ball, good technique and a very classy player but he needs to toughen up to deal with physical players because at the moment the likes of Carroll/drogba would dominate him.

I think he will become a very good player in time.

He's very composed on the ball, good technique and a very classy player but he needs to toughen up to deal with physical players because at the moment the likes of Carroll/drogba would dominate him.

I think he will become a very good player in time.

Yes, and hopefully here at Aston Villa, one for the future and seems to love the club. CC for young player of the season so far.

Anyone find it worrying how many times the sunderland beat him in the air, i personaly think he will be the type of defender that sweeps up the mess purely because he is quite poor in the air. this might get better when he bulks up though

Gallas-esque

• 3 weeks later...

He still has a bit of the Gareth Barry about him at left back. He's only filling in there but if he's starting to get into Ireland at that position then, I dunno. I can't see him staying there tbh.

Â